The best hedge fund ever?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Maverick74, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Maverick74, weren't you the guy backing Superfund in the other thread a while back? I could be wrong, but it sounds like you are contemplating investing with these Trendinvestor scammers. While Superfund's business is focused on ripping off retail investors, at least they're not criminal scammers, not in a conventional sense.

Yes, they rip people off for a living, but they do so abiding by European and US laws. Being ripped off for fees for no performance (Superfund) is one thing, being scammed and potentially losing all invested capital (Trendinvestor) to obvious fraudsters is another. Be careful out there.

#31     Jul 8, 2007
  2. Def fraud as they even misspell thei brokers name it MAN not MANN so beware

#32     Jul 8, 2007
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

First of all, I never said I thought the fund was real. LOL. I posted it as a joke because of the high returns and I knew it would cause this board to go apeshit as the James Simmons thread I started did as well. All part of a psychological experiment to see how people react. It's working quite well! LOL.

Of course I don't think this fund is real. I never said it was. Can't you tell by the freaking title? Anyway, I think there is a deeper question here. If this fund is lying about their numbers, are they also lying about their assets under management? They would have to be right? And if they are lying about both their performance numbers and assets under managements, how come they have not been sued by their investors, even if they are few? Also, what does this say about IASG then? Is this not a reputable site? There are over 500 funds that report to that site. What does this say about their credibility?

Perhaps we should ask Aaron Schindler what the process is of reporting their numbers to IASG. I'm sure he should be just as concerned about the credibility of IASG as anyone else here.

#33     Jul 8, 2007
  4. There are so many hedgefunds it is hard to know which one is the best.

#34     Jul 8, 2007
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Makloda, I don't endorse or "back" any funds (except maybe Aaron Schindler) on ET. I start threads to get people to respond to them. I certainly don't take this site seriously. LOL.

I don't care who these funds rip off and neither do you, so you can cool it on the consumer advocacy crap. Let me know when you join Ralph Nader on his ticket, then we'll talk. I love it when people on this site pretend to be such champions for fairness and advocacy while on the other hand trying to figure out how to evade their own taxes and trade at prop firms with no money down so when they blow up the firm, they don't have to worry about losing any money. I love this place!!!!!:)

#35     Jul 8, 2007
  6. First you ask for opinions on a potential investment, now it was all a joke right? Go figure.

#36     Jul 8, 2007
  7. asap

asap

hmmm.

let me see if i get this straight.

you promote a scam through ET for a couple of days so you can conduct "a psychological experiment to see how people react", without ever considering that many newbies might be browsing the site, come across your experiment and fall in to the trap???

:eek: :eek: :eek:

good job dr evil.

#37     Jul 8, 2007
  8. LMAO!

thanks maverick, funny stuff----

international system manager now studying for MBA and knows TA......:D :D nice old vette? and stealth in front of the mansion world headquarters....lovely!

http://www.trendinvestor.info/gallery.htm

#38     Jul 8, 2007
  9. Aaron

Aaron

I'm not aware of anything IASG does to confirm the manager-reported performance results. Although, on the manager pages at IASG there is a link to download the manager's disclosure document and performance audit. You can see Schindler Trading's, for example, but Trendinvestor does not have anything posted.

Aaron Schindler
    Schindler Trading

#39     Jul 8, 2007
  10. I emailed the CTA [Ceri] and asked specifically about his AUM. He evaded the question in his reply. FWIW, IASG does not get any fund AUM vetted.

C'mon guys... the guy posts a picture of his home, mail-order Russian bride and his Mitsu Eclipse; "This used to be my house".

Poor-form to mention it on this thread, but congrats to Aaron on the $5mm mark. Stick to Barclay, AS.

#40     Jul 8, 2007