the best futures broker

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by lite, Apr 21, 2006.

1. def

def Sponsor

just to clarify - that is not the reason. It is by choice. nothing prohibits a futures firm from paying interest in excess cash.

#41     May 3, 2006
  2. katesdp

katesdp

Have you or anyone been on margin call at IB?

#42     May 4, 2006
  3. glamm210

glamm210

I've been trading with IB for 9 months now. I like it in the way that everything is automated especially when I need to take money out :) All I need to do is to click a button and the money shows up in my bank account the next business day. This is very important to me as an individual trader cos I don't have a team of clerks to fill out all the wiring forms and mess with cheques. Also adding or removing exchange data can all be done via the web in seconds. Also, they pay interest which is nice.

But my complain goes with pit contracts. I've been watching copper and zinc going up day after day and I've been thinking of switching to Man everyday day copper and zinc go up.

IB, please at least give me COMEX... and better yet LME as well...

Def... is there any chance we could get LME with IB? Are you guys working on COMEX?

#43     May 9, 2006
  4. lite

lite

i don't think i will buy copper, even though i think it could go higher still. i just watch.

#44     May 17, 2006
  5. I trade using TT X_Trader 6.x, averaging about 35 rt per day (about 1500 lots monthly) with no minimum volume quota or TT monthly fees.

Does it exist any broker that offers a decent platform (with STATIC DOM + no BID/ASK VOLUME disappearing when placing a trade on DOM) and with excellent feed that allows to trade eCBOT ZB/ZN for no more than 3.00 rt all-inclusive?

This is my calculation with Transact (using their TransACT/Yestrader platform -but don't know whether their DOM is STATIC w/BID/ASK VOLUME always active):

35 rt / day = 70 lots/day = 1540 lots (22 days in 1 month)
    $.55 + .45 (exch. fees)+ .06(clearing) + .02 (NFA)= $ 1.08

$ 1.08 * 1540 lots = $1663.20

Is there a better deal around with those software requirements?
    :confused:

#45     Sep 2, 2006
  6. I suggest that you inquire with Advantage Futures -- they offer Ninja Trader, TT, and maybe one other platform. Excellent connectivity integrity, and competitive pricing on commissions ( I go through them to trade ZN and ZB).

#46     Sep 2, 2006
  7. Thanks for your reply.

I'm reading at Advantage web site:

>>Our current electronic platform line-up includes:
    Trading Technologies
    FFastFill: Professional and Lite
    CQG
    Globex
    >>

Where do you read about Ninja? Also do they offer Ninja with TT feed?

#47     Sep 2, 2006
  8. I use NinjaTrader with TT feed through Vcap Futures and the chances with the volume you do of $3.00 r/t are slim.....you may get about $3.75 if you twist some arms until you are up to about 5,000 r/t's a month.

**edit** (sorry...I now see you are trading CBOT products so you should be able to get under $3.00 with NT and TT feed no problem)

#48     Sep 2, 2006
  9. Whichi is your cost per side using NinjaTrader with TT feed excluding the exchange, clearing and NFA fees (so I can compare it to the CBOT structure)?
    Also do you pay the additional fees to acces to the Static SuperDOM?

#49     Sep 3, 2006
  10. Is Advantagefutures a not division of Glo-
    balfutures ?
    Do they have the same clearers ?

#50     Sep 3, 2006