the best futures broker

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by lite, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Jachyra

Jachyra

Hey, if you say you had a lot of problems with them, who am I to argue with you. All I can tell you is that I trade every day and it never once affected me personally.

I agree with you in terms of them being kind of expensive for a swing trader not moving enough volume to at least cover the $400 minimum commission. Like I said before, if you're not doing that much volume, I think Velocity Futures with free X_TRADER is possibly a better way to go.

#31     Apr 24, 2006
  2. this board was filled with people having huge problems back in dec and jan. but obviously they fixed it as i don't see anymore.

#32     Apr 24, 2006
  3. ...or Global Futures with their 'transactional model' on X_Trader.

#33     Apr 24, 2006
  4. Transact clears through Goldy as well. Not much more solid than that.

#34     Apr 24, 2006
  5. Jachyra

Jachyra

Ok, I just got off the phone with Robert Green and confirmed that this is, in fact, correct. There is no self employment tax on profits from your futures trades, however, if you lease or own an exchange membership, then you do have to pay social security taxes. However, this doesn't apply to the CME's electronic corporate membership under rule 106.R

#35     Apr 25, 2006
  6. mgarc

mgarc

thanks for the info.

#36     Apr 25, 2006
  7. w99

w99

Do Advantage and TransAct pay interest on margin deposits and at what rates? Is there a tiered interest rate structure, like IB?

#37     May 3, 2006
  8. nope none of the smaller companies pay interest on futures cash. the only reason ib does is they sweep it every night back to your brokerage side

#38     May 3, 2006
  9. w99

w99

Thanks, bighitter1.

What if a trader squares his positions daily? Would interest be paid on his account balance?

#39     May 3, 2006
  10. mgarc

mgarc

advantage pays interest.

#40     May 3, 2006