the best definition of trading edge on entire ET

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ex_broker, Feb 3, 2007.

1. If only it were that easy to say everyone else who disagrees has no edge . . .

#31     Feb 4, 2007
  2. [​IMG]

I like your conceptual visualization. I never previously looked at the market as a complex inter-relation of collective haggling that could be expressed and perceived as vibrations of sound, rhythms, percussion, tempo and orchestrated structure. But it works since the market's whims & moody nature often behave like human emotion as the human emotion and expectations transition to and fro between the limits of euphony and cacophony (A^2 + B^2). What changes the ratios are expressions of temper, fear, greed, anxiety, opportunity and so on. The Bears take on the role of the dissonant minor keys with sharps and flats ( the black keys on the piano) while the Bulls take on the role of major keys and percussion. But yes, there are definite point-counter-point patterns, as well as various solos, ensembles, full up harmonies, free form jazz, shrill runs, dirges, discordant dissonance, lullabies, bold fanfares, childish tempers, playful teasing, and every conceivable human emotion all integrated into one continuous expression of "being".

I have previously visualized the market dynamic more as a sea of motion with winds and currents of change. As long as one did not care where they were going it was always possible to be extracting energy and having fun.

Clearly, the existence of the box "C" (e.g. C^2) implied by Pythagorean's theorem means that somone is always making money and we should all be dancing on both of the principal Cartesian axis to profit in both directions.

Any way, it all implies that a Pythagorean tuning strategy could be used to resonate with the market for solo fun and profit. But my personal concern here is that such an individual extraction would in the long run be taken by the conductor as a discordant freestyle blasphemy; since the market's Pythagorean nature implies a circle of periodicity related to its radius r. That means all we ever really do is borrow and contribute to the whole. If my suspicions are correct that means no one can have their pi (ð) and eat it too; unless perhaps they eat and run and never come back for another piece. :D

[​IMG]

TS

#32     Feb 4, 2007
  3. Yeah let's make it sound as complicated as possible so we can all beat off to how brilliant we are... now enter Jack

#33     Feb 4, 2007
  4. Thank you TS, I couldn't have said it better. But I had in mind the medieval modes. That is what the market sounds like to me.

#34     Feb 4, 2007
  5. Well, gee whiz, some people here apparently lack the simple capacity to comprehend the concept and joy of foreplay. What good is beating the market if its "easy" and any ol' jack off could do it?

Sorry, I am being insensitive again. I do tend to forget that some here are still trying to master their own (de)vices before they move on to bigger and better things ... :D

TS

#35     Feb 4, 2007
  6. "A profitable strategy is NOT a science."

Wrong wrong wrong, and I prove it every day.

#36     Feb 4, 2007
  7. siki13

siki13

Lets leave aside semantics like speed of movements=change, truth is market fundamentally never changes
    If you trading one market today
    and one week later you start losing and say "market is changed i have to find new edge" than you don't know how to trade

#37     Feb 4, 2007
  8. Foreplay? whats that?

#38     Feb 4, 2007
  9. bighog

bighog Guest

trader28lite

Thks for your expression about understanding what a chance is about. Did you have enough attention span to catch the meaning of the whole post? You need to run deeper to understand the game you are playing or will be toast next bear swing. .. :p

Is it any wonder why most of the time posting in this forum is a waste of time trying to help others?

Some birdbrains will always be present. .. :D

#39     Feb 4, 2007
  10. Oh yes.... I'm still laughing

#40     Feb 4, 2007