The best data feed with QuoteTracker?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by jolly_rgrs, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Just wondering whats the best data feed with QT?

I'm using TD Ameritrade, but data seems to be lagging a little bit. And if price is moving really fast, chart will stop for a minute or two.

Any suggestions? Is it due to internet connection and other hardware issues?

Zhao

2. snackly

snackly

What about IQFeed? They are supposed to be one of the better ones for the price.

3. You need to check the QuoteTracker website to confirm what the available options are for their data feeds.

I use DTN/IQ Feed, and eSignal is another option. For the tradeers who trade through IB I believe you can also use them for your data feed.

4. I have QuoteTracker with DTN's IQFEED. Its excellent - I use it mainly for tick data, and everything is top notch.

IQFeed will cost you 30$ base fee + 4$ per exchange (NYSE, AMEX, NASDAQ etc.)

5. snackly

snackly

Their rates up. $50/month base fee, plus exchanges. And it's much more than $4 if you want CME, and other stuff like that. But good to know it works well with QuoteTracker.

6. snackly

snackly

7. No, the 30$/month for quotetracker users is a "basic fee" like they say on their site, and on top of that you need to pay 4$ per exchange fee for the Level 1 Quotes.

So yes, for QuoteTracker users its a very good price - at least for me, since I only trade NYSE-listed ETF's and some stocks.

8. bob5e

bob5e Guest

All I can say is that the TD Ameritrade datatfeed to Quotetracker is terrible. Very unreliable and backfilling is incomplete not to mention the Level II quotes that are unavailable at many times of the day.

I like Quotetracker but need a better datafeed. If I'm going to have to pay $54 for IQfeed, then I might as well go back to Tradestation and get a superior platform compared to QT.

Good to know that something works with QT . . definitely not TD Ameritrade. Guess you get what you pay for . .