The Best Chart Colors

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Hunter2020, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Sekiyo

Sekiyo

Background: rgb(162,154,130)
    Red: rgb(162,154,130)
    Blue: rgb(162,154,130)

#11     Mar 23, 2021
  2. JSOP

JSOP

Black background is just too dark for my old eyes. My favourite is actually the Ninja Trader chart colours. I find that to be the best even though Ninja Trader is one of the worst, no actually the worst trading software that I have ever worked with considering that I have even given them money to subscribe to them at one point. The dark green (not the default green)/dark red (not the default red) candles on white works the best for me. After all, it's not the chart colours that matters, it's what you do with the chart that does.

upload_2021-3-23_17-10-33.png

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    #12     Mar 23, 2021
  3. terr

terr

Everyone has their own favorite chart colors. So use the software that allows you to customize every color on the chart to your preference.

#13     Mar 23, 2021
  4. You all ever seen the chart colors used by default in Bloomberg Terminal?. My girlfriend who is a Goldman wealth mgmnt advisor uses Bloomy like most Pros. Black background with light blue bar charts....

Digital glare my azzz! Retina strain happens when your eyes fixate on a screen for too long without a 30-45 sec look away rest period once every 30-45 minutes.

#14     Mar 24, 2021
  5. You all r newbies then!

Anyone want some good chart colors go see various charting software from the Far East (China, Japan, SK, etc.) I neva seen them use pure black pure white backgrounds. Asians r said to have higher cranial volumes than Caucasians (means they have bigger brains = smarter). Them being so smart, thats y their charts don't come in pure black/pure white!

#15     Mar 30, 2021
  6. I use Tradestation. Grey background. Black bars. OHLC. No indicators. No volume.

#16     Apr 10, 2021
    apdxyk likes this.
  7. just use what on yo own preferences

#17     Apr 13, 2021
  8. Mark2m

Mark2m

upload_2021-4-15_10-34-10.png
    this is TC2000K been using them for 12+ years, and this is their original program. I am extremely visual and always look for the nuance in 1- 3 minute charts and they look very much like the above. Bottom line best I have seen. I also use Sierra but now looking for another program to complement TC2K.

#18     Apr 15, 2021
  9. Do you mind elaborating on this a bit?

#19     Apr 19, 2021
  10. Mark2m

Mark2m

Confused what would you like me to elaborate on? Blue 9 White 18 Red 30 day EMA's. Looking for French Flag, My notations is for Xdividend 5% Monthly .20 cents. Gain of 2.3% for the day and actual Dividend is now 6.49. The bottom line is I am working with 10 accounts and handle around 60-80 symbols per day, I dont trade futures any longer since I am too busy to concentrate on one, have various daily fluctuations and always trading. I have multiple screens although at minute to various time frames everything can float although still restricted to real estate.
    If you want me to further the discussion , please PM, this program is the best for scanning on a daily basis, or even by minutes, some drawbacks which I compensate with Sierra.

#20     Apr 19, 2021