the best broker of forex

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by charles1980, May 9, 2007.

1. cstfx

cstfx

2. rayl

rayl

#12     May 21, 2007
  3. cstfx

cstfx

Hotspot is the one I am currently focused on. I also use IB, but that is mostly for hedging fx futures. The thing I like about Hotspot is the participating partners - there is plenty of liquidity, even more if you go institutional, but you need a prime broker for that. I'm currently writing a new front end for their FIX interface - mostly for some administrative and cosmetic stuff.

#13     May 21, 2007
  4. rayl

rayl

Maybe I haven't given them as much credit as I should. I never liked the following facts: 1) institutional and retail ECNs are separate; 2) you cannot deposit/withdraw in currencies other than USD (not that you'd want to, but it's like with futures -- the anchor of EFP settlement prevents funny business); and 3) post-Knight, they've been really quiet on the news/development front.

#14     May 22, 2007
  5. Hi former, I am very interested for your recommendation and I cant wait until getting response from Hotspot. Would you please tell me in short their min deposit req, leverage ratio, API charge, API documentation link, availability of historical data for backtesting, backfill.. etc ? What about Currenex ?

For IB and MBT, it's not a good start for me becaues they have no historical data (or just 30 days for IB) for backtesting my strategies.

Thanks.

#15     May 22, 2007
  6. grazia_s

grazia_s

I believe HotSpotFX is not regulated, I would be really careful.

#16     May 22, 2007
  7. rayl

rayl

I guess it's what we mean by regulated. The rules are not that tight in FX, but that applies to all players.

HotSpot is an NFA member FCM. As I recall, it was also acquired by Knight Securities last year (Knight is a publicly traded comapny, operates DirectEdge, one of the larger ECNs, is a major MM in OTCBB issues, etc.)

#17     May 22, 2007
  8. grazia_s

grazia_s

Interesting...thanks a lot for the info

#18     May 22, 2007
  9. cstfx

cstfx

????????

Can't comment on the API because I have signed a NDA (non-disclosure agreement) If you want that info, you have to ask them yourself.

As to deposit info, etc. it has already been discussed here, IN THIS THREAD, no less and elsewhere on this sight. Don't be lazy.

#19     May 22, 2007
  10. damo484

damo484

The work is is that site site forexbastars is another one of Peter Bains. Let me know if it isi the case.
    damo

#20     May 23, 2007