The best book on trading ever written?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by kiwi_trader, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Brett Steenbarger's new book "Enhancing Trader Performance" is out.

I haven't read it but it will be a good one - I don't know if it'll be the best but it might be for you. :) Brett applies his intellect to the problems traders face without any bull. He won't tell you what your edge should be but he will help you with your struggle to build on one and become a consistently profitable trader.

"Brett Steenbarger gives traders the best tool to improve their own trading: a look into themselves. By setting up a quantifiable, positive learning system, Brett allows anyone, from experienced fund managers to beginner traders, to maximize individual potential."
    —Larry Connors, CEO, Tradingmarkets.com

"Brett proves that mental toughness CAN be learned and hits the nail on the head when applying performance theory to trading! He shows how classic topics, such as the consistency and habits built from day-to-day routines to the importance of positive self-talk, can be applied to the abstract arena of the markets. Traders of all levels will be inspired by these strategies for performance enhancement in their journey towards mastery."
    —Linda Raschke, LBRGroup, Inc.

"Successful traders know that winning has less to do with technical knowledge and more to do with understanding yourself, pinpointing your strategy and process, and implementing it in a consistent, disciplined manner. Enhancing Trader Performance shows that your personal success lies at the intersection of your talents, skills, and opportunities. Brett guides you toward identifying your talents, developing your skills, and applying both as opportunities arise. For anyone interested in improving their trading, reading this book may be one of the best trades you ever make."
    —Jim Dalton, trader, coauthor of Mind Over Markets and Markets in Profile, and Senior Vice President and Director (Retired), ICS Integrated Products and Research, UBS Financial Services Inc.

Find the book here
    Find an excerpt here
    Free articles Brett's written

2. me1969

me1969

3. agree. it's an excellent book. blows most other trader psych books out of the water.

surf

4. Kiwi, I'm disappointed. You replaced the requisite 2 exclamation points with a mere question mark? :D

I've read Steenbarger's "The Psychology of Trading" a while back. It was...ok. Why would this one be better?

5. LOL TD,

The focus in this one has changed. The last one linked therapy with trading issues. Since then he's spent a lot of time with traders working on performance and the book seems to be about this aspect!!! Quite an important one :)

PS. enough exclamation marks?

6. That sounds interesting, so I will keep it in mind. Since I assume you will be getting it soon, please provide some feedback in due course when you've had a chance to read it. Thanks.

And yes, that is an impressive showing of exclamation points. Clearly, you mean business. :D