The best book in Technical Analysis

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Optionpro007, Aug 11, 2005.

1. MD-R2

MD-R2

I'd actually peruse the internet for free TA information. I started three months ago and just did that. I don't know many different ways the Cup and Handle can be explained in a book that makes me want to spend 50 bucks.

HardRightEdge was one I found for various stuff and then just used the links from that site to find others.

#11     Aug 11, 2005
  2. liulala

liulala

Learn from the market is best way.

#12     Aug 11, 2005
  3. MD-R2

MD-R2

I would have to disagree with this somewhat. I wouldn't take the GMAT without studying for it first. Otherwise, waste of money. Just trying to trade the market without any preparation cost me a few thousand out of the gate.

#13     Aug 11, 2005
  4. da-net

da-net

Yes, I have found one. I am currently reading it for the first time. I am reading each chapter twice to get as much as possible knowledge transfer. I caution you in reading it, if you are part of the "Default Settings Indicator Club" the book may be annoying to you. It is a difficult read, because the author is so knowledgeable, imparts that knowledge to you and will take you to a new understandings on chart analysis with indicators.

The book is "Technical Analysis for the Trading Professional" by Constance Brown.

#14     Aug 11, 2005
  5. Thanks. I think this is probably exactly what I am looking for.

Best of luck in your trading !!

#15     Aug 11, 2005
  6. I haven't read this one yet but I've heard good things about it I will add it to my list.

Thanks

#16     Aug 11, 2005
  7. da-net

da-net

I am not attempting to be adversarial with my comments, just like to offer a different point of view for you to consider.

For the sake of discussion, let us say that You own an auto repair shop and I work for you as a mechanic. One day you receive a solicitation in the mail for mechanic training and it costs $50.00 per mechanic to go. You have a choice at this point, you could send me to the class where I would learn new procedures, however I might learn them and then look for a better paying job...On the other hand you could refuse to send me, I won't know how to repair that particular item, but I may stay with you as an employee.

Is it better to pay for the training and have a more knowledgeable employee that MIGHT leave, or have one without training and knowledge that continues to work for you?

Is trading a business or a hobby? That is the decision you must render!

#17     Aug 11, 2005
  8. MD-R2

MD-R2

Point taken. I suppose that with my limited knowledge of this so far, I did what most did. Blew some cash and didn't know why, realized I needed more, went for the free stuff and then eventually I might pay for a few things that might be more in depth.

I'm probably at the point of I don't know what I don't know, but all the TA that I've studied so far has been the same with a few tweaks here and there. What was different though was how I read how traders utilized the knowledge they had, not just that they had it.

For me, I'm trying to do it as a business, hopefully with a right approach.

#18     Aug 11, 2005
  9. Yoop, this is the best I've got sofar too

#19     Aug 12, 2005
  10. I havent read this book but had seen prior discussion about it. I add the last 3 reviews from amazon for interest:

#20     Aug 12, 2005