The best and worst indicators

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Grantx, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Time of day is good. For example you don't want to trade during bard wire time.

#51     Jan 21, 2019
  2. cvds16

cvds16

if you got good indicators you can even trade Dax CFD's at night ...
    whet you need is one trendfollowing indicator and one oscillator with multi tf analysis and basic knowledge of chart patterns. Don't use classic settings with the indicators.

#52     Jan 22, 2019
  3. [doubleQUOTE="Grantx, post: 4515945, member: 498853"]Thats where we are different. I dont believe reading will help me. Ive read a lot of different books on trading, read countless online articles, watched youtube until my eyes went square and you want to know something? I dont remember a thing. What has stuck though are the lessons I taught myself through the many many mistakes I have made. I remember those because they hurt so much.

Not to be an utter nob and come across as being arrogant and dismissive, I must admit that there were 2 books and one trade methodology stood out for me:
    1. Adam Grimes - The art and science of technical analysis (His stuff is real good I just dont like his use of indicators)
    2. Wyckoff VSA - I dont agree with the volume analysis portion but the explanation of price movement is invaluable imo. Absolute gold, it explains why the market moves like it does.
    [/QUOTE]
    %%
    Good double.
    I dont like MACD, but a stopped clock in nice furniture could be right 2 times per year.:D:D
    Moving averages , can help some ,with the right moves. But i read in WSJ, last year,one of the larger hedge funds hates them enough to insult them; maybe he doesnt like them in sideways trends LOL.

#53     Jan 23, 2019