The benefits of living in Florida?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tsing Tao, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Cheetahs? Really? OK, I'll take your word for it. My experience with strip clubs in West Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale and Miami area is they absolutely suck. I've never been to Cheetah's though.

Where do you live down there EPrado?

#21     Jul 13, 2011
  2. dcvtss

dcvtss

I've always been partial to Tootsie's, it's a converted costco building to give an idea of the size. Been a few years since I've been down there though.

#22     Jul 13, 2011
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Is that in Tampa?

#23     Jul 13, 2011
  4. dcvtss

dcvtss

Miami Gardens

#24     Jul 13, 2011
  5. You can get some great deals on houses now, but it's important to take your time and know exactly what you're bidding on. There's a lot available, so you need a good agent, plus you need to choose what kind of lifestyle you're looking for, eg golf course, marina, downtown, beach ,etc. Then start making low ball offers. Sooner or later, if you're patient, you'll get a great deal.

Florida has no income tax, but the property taxes are pretty high and the homeowners insurance is insanely high. Big problem down there now. It's particularly bad if you're in a "wind zone" or "flood plain." You can get a big break on your insurance if your house has wind mitigation features, but it's a confusing issue. If, for example, you have a house built after 2002 I believe, you get a big break. If you have window coverings you get a big break, but you have to have 100% of the openings covered or no go. Really, it's somethng you should understand very well before you start the buying process. Most people only get into it later when they have a house under contract and start getting the inspection and trying to line up insurance.

Tampa is so much better than Baltimore you won't even believe it. Your company has done you a huge favor. Hope you enjoy it.

#25     Jul 13, 2011
  6. EPrado

EPrado

I live near West Palm beach.

Most of them are ridiculously crowded. Cheetah's is kinda small, but the girls are smoking. It's pretty much...you have the money...they will provide what you want. I haven't been in a while. As I got older I wised up and figured out giving some hot chick 20 bucks to dance on my lap is a waste. A buddy of mine down here went a few months ago...told me some crazy shit went on with him and 2 chicks in the private room. Plus the girls there do drink too.....so it gets nuts.

#26     Jul 13, 2011