The Beginning of the End of Ridiculous Drug Laws Thats cost us Billions

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Hello, Oct 5, 2010.

1. JamesL

JamesL

It goes beyond just DEA expenditures. A significant number of incarcerated persons are the result of drug laws. That's a cost. The courts are backlogged with criminal and civil cases. Mostly the cause is due to drug law prosecutions. That's a cost. Communities hire more police to keep their streets safe. A good deal of this "street crime" is drug related. That's a cost. See a pattern?

Legalize it, control it, tax the shit out of it. We will save money by eliminating wasteful resources on trying to stop it and make some money on the tax generated from the sale of it. It can be a win-win situation if done right.

#51     Oct 8, 2010
  2. No one has answered the question of how you can legally smoke pot and pass a drug test for work. The liability is to high.

Some corps won't hire you if you smoke tobacco and fail a nicotine test and now you want to legalize pot?

#52     Oct 8, 2010
  3. JamesL

JamesL

And yet you can legally consume alcohol and there is not liability? The only real difference is the (incorrect) perceived dangers of pot vs alcohol and the legality of the substance.

As to the tobacco angle, that is more due health related costs than anything else.

#53     Oct 8, 2010
  4. #54     Oct 8, 2010
  5. "available in 3 skin tones"

I wonder if they have a skin tone "Cheese doodle orange"?

#55     Oct 8, 2010
  6. Ohhh I get it now...! You're projecting your experiences unto me! :D

Wow... You must of had it rough!

I always tend to look on the bright side of things. At least I know who my father is! So phenomena... Which passing trucker knocked your mother up...!? Was she one of those silver spoon bitches looking for a rough time...!? :D :p

Is that why you hate the people who work for a living...?

Anyway, for the record I'm against legalizing drugs. Phenomena's idiotic argument about "responsibility" just doesn't work out when it comes to chemical addictions. Anyone here take Psych 101 at university...? You will quickly find out that once the chemicals get into your brain you no longer have any real choice in the matter. How many smokers want to quit but can't!? Oh yeah, and that's just nicotine.

Legalizing drugs will just open the doors to more predators who will just feed on the weaker members of society. I mean we live in a society where food has exponential amounts of sugar and sodium added to it just to make people more addicted to it! Where doctors over prescribe pain killers... Big Pharma pushes more "medicine" down people's throats etc... AND you idiots want to legalize drugs!?

...LOL...

#56     Oct 8, 2010
  7. The reason that some companies don't want to hire people who smoke tobacco is because they don't want to pay higher health insurance costs for employees that smoke.

Marijuana should be legal; it is in the Netherlands. I spent some time in Amsterdam last summer and there are many coffee shops all over the city that sell marijuana. You can smoke it in the coffee shop, your home, or even on the street. Even hashish and magic mushrooms are sold in stores and are both legal. I didn't witness any crimes while I was there, nor did I see anyone begging or robbing people for money. I felt very safe walking around the city, even at night. It's a beautiful city to visit.

#57     Oct 8, 2010
  8. Let's take your quote... Take out Amsterdam and replace it with New York.

Who knows perhaps it will be like that!!? BUT somehow I seriously doubt it. Besides Amsterdam isn't quite as dreamy as you make it out to be. It does have plenty of problems. Selective memory at work...

#58     Oct 8, 2010
  9. What problems does Amsterdam have? It is a very liberal city, even prostitution is legal, not that I would ever go to one, being that I am happily married.

#59     Oct 8, 2010