The Beginning of the End of Ridiculous Drug Laws Thats cost us Billions

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Hello, Oct 5, 2010.

1. I don't have nearly enough time to name all or even most, but here's just a few:

1. "Admiral Horatio Nelson: the Admiral suffered from an opium addiction throughout his later years in the navy.

Clive of India: another one who suffered from opium addiction.

Czar Nicholas II: The last Russian Czar spent the last two years of his reign on a cocktail of drugs. He took cocaine (for his colds), opium and morphine for his stomach complaints and he obtained hallucinogens from a herbalist. Visitors often commented on his gaunt appearance, dull eyes and his vacant smile."

2. "Other famous people who took opium included Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius who suffered with joint pains, William Wilberforce (1759 - 1833), Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Timothy Leary (d.1996), William Burroughs (b. 1916) to name but a few."

3. "Jack Black's memoir You Can't Win chronicles one man's experience both as an onlooker in the opium dens of San Francisco, and later as a "hop fiend" himself.
    Jack Black was a late 19th century/early 20th century hobo, living out the dying age of the Wild West. He wrote You Can't Win, a memoir or sketched autobiography describing his days on the road and life as an honorable outlaw."

Not an "addict" but:

4. "Ben Franklin
    This founding father was known to occasionally use opium recreationally."

And you already have this one:

"Some incredible drawings by the French poet/writer/artist/filmmakerJean Cocteau (1889-1963) can be found in his 1930 book, Opium: the Diary of a Cure. Cocteau went through a number of years of opium addiction, andthis book is about one of his periods of treatment.
    His is clearly obsessed with the opium pipe. Lying
    down was one of the traditional opium smoking
    postures, because smoking tended to make you
    sleepy and lethargic (http://www.jeancocteau.net/).

5. "John Keats, poet, opium addict"

6. Lenny Bruce:

"There will be quotes from some famous opium/heroin users, though it's hard to improve on Lenny Bruce's quip — "I'll die young, but it's like kissing God" — which is slated for inclusion."

7. Winston Churchchill

8. Edgar Allen Poe

#21     Oct 6, 2010
  2. Yes, you did explain that it was due to a vast cannabis defense conspiracy which has permeated all of academia!! Sounds like YOU are the one "raging against mind control"... ROFL!!!

Pot users rage against "mind control"? That's funny, most of the pot smokers I know are successful entrepreneurs, technical professionals, or tradesmen who live functional and successful lives.

#22     Oct 6, 2010
  3. See it is like I said...

It affets your conscience and your ability to think clearly. What sense can one make of such a statement!!??

The question here is...

Where you always stupid? ...or... Has pot made you stupid...?

Perhaps stupid people are attracted to pot... because it "expands your conscience"... and to them that equates to "it expands your IQ"...

:p

#23     Oct 6, 2010
  4. I don't use marijuanna, but maybe you should. You are a bit of a tight ass. It's far more likely that getting laid would help you out more, but god knows that aint happening, hence my pot suggestion. LOL!!

#24     Oct 6, 2010
  5. Yeah...

That doesn't sound like the pot users I know at all... I think your definition of success is a lot lower than mine. I know people who's wives have left them because of pot. I know people who have lost their jobs because all the did was smoke pot... It is addictive... Give the bullshit a rest will you.

#25     Oct 6, 2010
  6. People are dropping like flies from 2nd hand tobacco smoke yet let's legalize something 's else to smoke. What is the scientific community opinion on second hand marywanna smoke. Contact high is better than contact dead? Of course I'm being sarcastic here but you're either a scientist or not. You're either a confirmed hater of all thing smoke or not. Not butts on the beach but a roach is okay. wtf? You can lite up in the park but not a cigarette. sumbody better put down the crack pipe.

#26     Oct 6, 2010
  7. The number of pussy that I've gotten is so high that you aren't capable of counting to it...!

:D :D :D

#27     Oct 6, 2010
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

So far I'm not seeing any reason to rush out and score some smack.

Mildly Interesting, although not uncommon at the time.

Don't need any more of this at my age.

Never heard of Keats. And to be honest dieing young doesn't sound all that attractive to me.

Interesting, what was his drug of choice?

Personally I think he was a nut case.

#28     Oct 6, 2010
  9. So to be a scientist you must hate all forms of smoking?? That's part of the criteria?? :confused:

I'm pretty sure people still use tobacco on parks and on beaches. Littering with cigarette butts and smoking are two different things. And yes, anything you do on your own time, with your money is none of the governments business...

I don't try to dictate your actions, don't try to dictate mine either.

#29     Oct 6, 2010
  10. You're right about that Nutmeg!

I'm against smoking as well... One of the reasons I never did pot in highschool or university was because I'm athletic. I still like to run, workout etc... I thought to myself... If smoking is bad for you and it affects your athletic performance than what would pot due to you...? Simple as that... AND most of my friends smoked the stuff... Eventually I just stopped being friends with them because I couldn't convince them to give the stuff up... Sad but true.

#30     Oct 6, 2010