The Beginning of Massive Securities Regulation is Upon us

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by flytiger, Jul 16, 2008.

1. It will never become law because it's idiotic.

#31     Jul 17, 2008
  2. Right!!! Never been any stupid laws passed before. Sure won't be one now.

I think repeal of the uptick law shows who's in charge, and who really controls the SEC. That's ok. Almost over.

#32     Jul 17, 2008
  3. I see many or almost all of you have no understanding of market dynamics at all.

You seem to have a naive view of what makes the market tick.

This accounts for your poor trading performance as well as your bad opinions.

#33     Jul 17, 2008
  4. I'm jealous of what? Sitting on the internet ALL DAY and bitching about anything from naked shorts to SEC to Wall Street, yet STILL stay involved in racket and continue validating all of the issues. He is a hypocrite, who changes his angle all the time and continues this nonstop crying. After a while it got ridiculous and I had to call him on it.

I mean look at this idiocy. All this blah blah about the uptick rule and zero idea about how it worked, why it was put in and what effect it really had. Overall, it's just smoke and mirrors.

And if I suspect he is who I think he is, then he has negative equity.

#34     Jul 17, 2008

5. All these long only, mutual fund holding, non-technical fundies blaming the repeal of the uptick rule instead of on fundamentals.....all must have got their training at Bear Stearns.

They don't understand that a 3% move can wipe out those over leveraged financial bail-us-out wizards.

The uptick rule did nothing to prevent the largest crash on October 1987.

New rule, new rule. No selling. Long forever only.

New rule, new rule. No more stock market. Too many ouchies. Oh the pain. Can't wait a while for the market to equalize and recover. Fundies don't seem to want to understand that a stock or the market always finds its way to its proper price if overbought or oversold.

#35     Jul 17, 2008
  6. "They don't understand that a 3% move can wipe out those over leveraged financial bail-us-out wizards."

3%? I thought it was 1%.

I'm buying more, thats huge .

#36     Jul 18, 2008