The Beginning of Massive Securities Regulation is Upon us

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by flytiger, Jul 16, 2008.

1. I just watched that idiot eye candy on CNBC compare a crashing tanking bank stock with oil dropping $10 from an inflated level.

Same thing right?

Hey , and that moose faced Gasparino is totally against any of the measures being taken to keep YOUR economy from collapsing.

Another clown.

#21     Jul 17, 2008
  2. the economy won't collapse,,,just that a lot of companies will change after capital restructuring, chapter 11, change of ownership...like many companies who messed up due to greed and mismanagement. Look at GM. GM was once the biggest 'private public listed company' in the country,,,and now it's a welfare company on verge of chapter 11 from too much debt and no demand for trucks and gas guzzlers like the hummer.

#22     Jul 17, 2008
  3. LOL, thanks to those piece of shit GSE's, and the spinless shits (Hank Paulson et.al.) who are trying to jawbone everyone into believing that if things get really bad they will sweep in and rescue them (of course they won't state how much they will need to do that, they just ask congress to give them a blank check), I probably won't have a mortgage after this month.

Long live Rogers, Ackerman, Whitney, Paulson (John of course), Chanos, Faber (Marc), Tice, Kass and all those who really get it!

Don't worry, even though the sky looks like it's falling Chicken Little, the Bears will go back into hibernation eventually and you, Larry Kudlow, and Jim Cramer can have your little bull market back.

#23     Jul 17, 2008
  4. I would suggest anyone who saw the Steinhardt interview on CNBC go to Deepcapture.com and read about the real Michael Steinhardt. The title is "when the badguys came to town."

You 'll find a different character than the doting old patriarch that Kernan and Quick fawned over.

7 these guys don't bother me. As a matter of fact, the playing out of events is proving my point. And if they don't act soon, the worst will happen. That total meltdown RBS is talking about is closer than everyone thinks.

#24     Jul 17, 2008
  5. Hey, wait! That "pond scum" is algae and can be turned into a bio-fuel that will save us all!

[​IMG]

#25     Jul 17, 2008
  6. [​IMG]

#26     Jul 17, 2008
  7. I heard that fumbling bumbler Tice is selling his fund.

This after the fund making NO MONEY for 15 years.

#27     Jul 17, 2008

8. Exactly. Thats exactly what I am saying. The damage has been done already and NOW they want to protect our markets after all the bullies have gotten their way!

The uptick rule is nothing but a burden to trading. And it's a burden ONLY to intraday trading.

#28     Jul 17, 2008
  9. When it comes back, because some Congressman from NY gets the bill passed, and then Cox has no choice, do what the big boys do. Put aside some dough, uptick it yourself, and then lean on it.

#29     Jul 17, 2008
  10. FlyTiger... as you know i am 100% against NAKED Short Selling... but there have been studies that show the lack of an uptick rule does not keep stocks from going down... assuming legitimate short sales... and a market can sell off very heavily and loss almost all of its value EVEN when there is an uptick rule...

<font size 4>The NasDaq fell 3000 points during 2000-2003 and there was an uptick rule... so...</font>

again i am totally against NAKED short sales... that is a huge white collar crime but not legitimate short sales and the UPTICK rule should be left alone...

there should be investigations... strong ones... into any naked short selling syndicates...

#30     Jul 17, 2008