The Beerish Bull's Great Chronicle of Alcohol and Poor Decisions

Discussion in 'Journals' started by beerntrading, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Max E.

Max E.

LOL captain drive by hes just a douche man dont waste your time, it just irks him that we all crushed it today in whaT he claims is my "Paid chatroom" that hes not invited too. :D

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    #121     Feb 10, 2018
  2. Thanks. I keep euphoria in check with the realisation that it's usually overconfidence. Today was a day I was confident the market move and played my hand likewise...but more important, I had a clear plan to limit risk, and a clear plan to exit if I was wrong. I'm still watching my positions so I don't miss an exit if it goes sideways (or worse) on me...

#122     Feb 10, 2018
  3. Just picked up more AAPL calls. This time Apr $170s for 3.85. Also fearing I may have just top-ticked that one....

Getting savaged by the volatility crush today--but that's to be expected. The big moves on CSX and AAPL are propping me up nicely. The modest move on XOM is not helping me, but the small move down on WYNN is.

#123     Feb 12, 2018
    Max E. likes this.
  4. And just sold 1/3 of the Mar AAPL calls for 6.70, that's +100% and make the original position 100% profit now.

#124     Feb 12, 2018
    Max E. likes this.
  5. Shorted some AAPL Mar $170 calls for 2.10 to limit some of the looming volatility crush.

Over all this position is guaranteed to make that $2.10 (which incidentally just more than offsets the Apr $170's cost. So basically, if it goes to $160 or less by March, I'm even. If it goes up, I get exposure to the full $10 spread, plus the Apr leg.

Also been working on legging into a put credit spread on NVDA today to offset some of the theta expectation of this portfolio.

#125     Feb 12, 2018
  6. Picked up Mar $240 calls on NVDA for $7.50. Let the bullishness continue.

#126     Feb 12, 2018
  7. Taking some pretty hefty losses on my hedge positions as I close them (closing FDX puts, already out of XOM shares...holding the XOM calls). Lightening up on SQ and CSX to take some profits to offset the losses.

So far, so good. Sitting on well over 100% gains overall on the Friday buys.

#127     Feb 14, 2018
  8. Shorted some JPM Friday $115 calls against my March $110s for .53 to juice a little more out of that one. Will buy these back and stomach any loss if the price of JPM goes above 115.50-ish...if I get a bad gap, I'll sell off some of the March position to lock in some gains there. The question here is very simple--how happy would I be with 5.53 of intrinsic value on those March calls by Friday?--answer, very.

#128     Feb 14, 2018
  9. And short some Friday NVDA $245s at 1.50

#129     Feb 14, 2018
  10. I just closed out the AAPL March call spread (160-170) for 7.80. That trade worked out like this:
    Long AAPL 160c for 3.34
    Short AAPL 170c for 2.20
    Close spread for 7.80.

That's 9.90 in credits against 3.34 risked. Just shy of 200%

Added in some March $175 calls for 3.60 here because I think this one still has some go in it.

I lightened up on SQ today at 5.50 (bought for 2.74, so 100% there)...letting the rest ride and trying to short tomorrow's 45c if I get a good price on it. But the price just dropped on me and I don't think I'll see a fill unless we run in the afternoon (which we very well may).

Picked up some AMAT and NFLX today too since I think they're gonna run some more, but didn't get those posted live. I still think they run tomorrow and into next week.

Everything is looking fine with the market at the moment, and I expect we'll see continued buying for the next few trading days.

#130     Feb 15, 2018