The Beer Report - June

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Robert Weinstein, Jun 11, 2002.

1. Stopped out of PSUN @ 21.05 .06+

#11     Jun 13, 2002
  2. Shorted MCAF @ 14.59 based on William.

While this was an early short based on Willaim ( usually during last half hour of trading or extended hours) I put this limit order in and did not watch it to see the fill.

Will be looking to add to my short at the end of the day.

#12     Jun 13, 2002
  3. William is my four month old.:D

What I do is set him on the WSJ and what ever stock he drools on first is the short!! Seems to be working.

Actually, william is my best signal I have made for overnight shorting and I named it after my son. All my signals have names so that I can keep track of them.

#13     Jun 13, 2002
  4. The TD seq 9 is not made with trend lines. Just a simple bar chart where you count back nine days and if each of the days is higher than the bar four days before it you have a pivot point.

There is an article in this months Active trader that features Tom Demark and he has many books on the subject.( I think his second book and his day trading options is better than his first)

#14     Jun 13, 2002
  5. MCAF does not look strong enough at this time to add to my short. If in the last half hour it runs up I will add to the short

I also have a signal to short ESST at the 17.16 price level but IB appears to not have the stock for me to short.

#15     Jun 13, 2002
  6. Closed MCAF at 14.37 .29+

Normally would carry to the next day but as this was selling off I thought I would take the money and run.

As it turns out as of this post I should of held a little longer as the price continued to fall further.

#16     Jun 13, 2002
  7. Upon going over the charts and looking at ESST prices for Friday I cant say IB made me very happy with their short list.

Big Bummer :mad:

Had IB allowed me to short ESST on Thursday I would of made some nice coin. At one point the stock traded well under a dollar from my signals entry point.

What makes it even worse is that I looked at my old brokers website and they HAD the stock to short.

As you can see by the timing of this post I do spend my weekends going over the charts.

Maybe someday I will be able to live of the interest!!:)

#17     Jun 15, 2002
  8. Today was kinda crazy. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what was my BEST William signal.

I must have received 10-12 signals today includding ESST which is the one I felt was the best short. IB did not have that to short so then I went back and found another although less appealing short.

At about 15 min before close I shorted ACLS from a william. The volume is very low for me and so I will be looking to get out at the first appropriate time. Although a William signal states that the low is expected during the afternoon of trading on the next day.

As a side note INTC was also a William, so I will be watching it tomorrow as well but I did not short it.

I have started trading the e-minis NQ and ES and plan on adding those trades in a short while.

#18     Jun 17, 2002
  9. The Short price for ACLS was 11.90

#19     Jun 17, 2002
  10. Covered half of ACLS at 11.68 .22+

will cover the other half towards the close

Looking at CHRS as todays william. Will know more upon looking at it further

#20     Jun 18, 2002