The bears were wrong

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Kicking, Jan 11, 2006.

1. yes, how typically CHEESE-y of you sir. Please continue, we haven't had our fill of your worthless platitudes and not so subtle self aggrandizement.

#11     Jan 11, 2006
  2. Cheese

Cheese

Well JACKarse, you just need to check to see if I've been a bear over the period I mention.
    Can we instead have your claims on the question .. to admire?
    :)

#12     Jan 11, 2006
  3. Point well taken, and very true. But that doesn't mean there's no place for bears in the markets.

Bears are ultimately wrong because all of humanity in recorded history has improved through the ages. So it's not healthy to be a perma-bear.

But if one is savvy enough to identify a generational bear market move (1850s, 1870s, 1900s, 1930s, 1970s, 2000s??) that they are a part of... then by all means, be bearish!!

#13     Jan 12, 2006
  4. You sound like a frustrated bear.

#14     Jan 12, 2006

5. its January 12th, and bears are wrong?
    lets check back on dec 31 and see how this mkt is doing

#15     Jan 12, 2006
  6. So by your example, the US is bearish on Iraq, and the EU is bearish on the US? But Pakistan is bullish on the US and vice versa.

#16     Jan 12, 2006
  7. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Not sure why you'd conclude that. Re-read my post again. The COMPX needs to gain over 100% to reach the 5000 level again. Do you dispute that? Semi's were incredibly overpriced in 1999-2000. I took advantage of it. So no, I'm not a frustrated bear. I've been trading full time 10 years. Anyone who is a perpetual bull won't cut it as a trader. And anyone who trades only the long side is severly limiting their ability to generate profits.

Are you a frustrated hairdresser?

#17     Jan 12, 2006
  8. Also, dont forget that the last time the markets were at these levels there were 40% fewer $$$'s in circulation. So maybe the bears have been correct all along.

#18     Jan 12, 2006
  9. duard

duard

OK So an equity rally in spite of the inverted yield curve, rising interest rates, oil shenanigans, gold rallying, money printing among other factors constitutes a bull market?

Big deal the fed minutes innuendo of "less certain tightening" and you're "ALL INN."

In the famous words of my teenage daughter "WHATEVER."

Good Luck

#19     Jan 12, 2006
  10. This poster had it all wrong.

#20     Jan 13, 2006