The bears back to bushes???

Discussion in 'Trading' started by sageonline, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Yipeeeeee!!! The long awaited correction has come all we need now is to see the shorts booking their profits and some sustained buying at lower levels.The dollar took the walloping too looks like wall street is gonna be the hangout of bargain hunters soon.Hope for the best and the market to start looming again.BTW any one has any clus as to why FFH seems to keep goin up irresective of wat the market does??

2. Maybe 'cause the longs are pumping this on 11 different boards.:p

J/k

FFH has a current Value of $351.60 per share. good growth, lousy divy,17,000,000.00 os.

Take over targets and class action law suits.

Hedgie troubles: BALTIMORE, MD -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 03/01/07 -- The law firm of Brower Piven, A Professional Corporation, today announced that a securities class action was commenced on behalf of shareholders who sold the common stock of Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited (NYSE: FFH) between December 18, 2002 and July 25, 2006, inclusive (the "Class Period").

The case is pending in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey. The complaint filed in this case alleges a massive, illegal stock market manipulation scheme that has targeted and severely harmed shareholders of Fairfax, and has resulted in immense ill-gotten profits for defendants S.A.C. Capital, Exis Capital, Third Point, Rocker Partners and other extremely powerful hedge funds. The complaint filed in the case further alleges that Defendants launched a manipulation scheme which was an abusive short selling strategy coupled with a public relations campaign full of false and misleading statements about Fairfax, its executives, its business, and its common stock price designed to drive down the price of Fairfax stock.

No class has yet been certified in the above action. If you are a member of the proposed class, you may retain counsel of your choice, and you may ask the court to be appointed as lead plaintiff in the case no later than April 9, 2007. In order to serve as a lead plaintiff, you must meet certain legal requirements. To be a member of the proposed class you need not take any action at this time.

If you sold shares of Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited during the Class Period indicated and want to discuss your legal rights, you may e-mail or call Brower Piven, who will, without obligation or cost to you, attempt to answer your questions. David Brower and Charles Piven have combined experience in securities and class action litigation of over 40 years. You may contact Brower Piven at The World Trade Center-Baltimore, 401 East Pratt Street, Suite 2525, Baltimore, Maryland 21202, by email at hoffman@browerpiven.com or by calling 410/332-0030.

http://www.knobias.com/institution/customers/companies/recon/index.htm?ticker=FFH

http://www.knobias.com/institution/customers/companies/tearsheet/index.htm?ticker=FFH

http://www.knobias.com/institution/customers/companies/reports/pdf/1235913033/1235913033-UNIFIED.pdf

• ffh.jpg
      File size:
      73.1 KB
      Views:
  3. Yo, Skippy! Until we see the WHITES of your bullish eyes, we have not hit bottom. Gotta wipe that Yipeeeee! right off your face first and have you staring at your long position losses in disbelief wondering how you will ever recover, before the markets go back up.

Shorts will wait until you capitulate and sell all your positions in desparation before covering.

It's all about the transfer of wealth.

Cheers!

4. duard

duard

I opened up my dusty treasure chest to count my assets.

Nothing in stock certificates except some gold shares, silver shares, bonds, etc.

There are plenty of people waiting for the bulls to get slaughtered. Last week was round one.

Scenario one. We rally a bit on short covering and weak buying. Then when we get to Feb 07' highs. Kaboom those that didn't sell the first time unload now.

Scenario two. We rally enough with short covering and buying to breakout to new highs. Where's the liquidity going to come from to fuel the markets higher. If the markets rally guess what Uncle Sam will not be printing. They need this balloon to deflate first.

Scenario Three. People realize one and two and go to cash. People realize they may not have enough to buy that bigscreen and vacation this summer. Rolling 9 month to 14 month sell-off.

Where are you gonna place your bets right now?

Cash 5-6% safe return versus possibly a 10-25% whack on capital verus how much upside from here (maybe 10%)

For the prudent investor the best scenario is 3. 5-6% return and an entry point 10-25% below current levels.

If you want to outperform you're gonna have to trade your way to higher returns. Buy and Hold just got shot in the head in one week my friend.

JMHO

5. Well wat u guys say does ring true,wat i had in mind was whith the emerging markets eatin all the gains it is gonna have cascadin effect onto the us markets but when thigs stabilise i guess it is the mature markets where the money is gonna be pourin into the whole gameplan now shoukd therefore be buy now and average as the prices go down btw i never spoke about this being the bottom but i seriously do think that this might be a good time to start buyin .

6. S2007S

S2007S

tuned into cnbc this morning, again they said this market could be back higher soon. One guy did say that the markets should see last weeks low again. I think we drop below 12,000 sometime in the next 2-3 weeks.

7. S2007S

S2007S

buy buy buy.....here comes another rally :p

8. S2007S

S2007S

just went long a little QLD , expect the market to tank now!!!

#10     Mar 7, 2007