The bear market rally is now done - Monday starts another downtrend - see attached

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Port1385, Jan 3, 2009.

1. I am loading up when es gets to 650. lol that is if it goes there, but hey I got patience.

#51     Jan 3, 2009
  2. The fact that you have more than one is a violation of the ToU, and something that speaks volumes about you. It is also one of the reasons I don't take you seriously, and quite frequently move your posts.

As for turning this into a pay site, perhaps it would work. Most likely, it would have to be under a very different model as the owner is paid through click advertising, and clicks are generated via users. The more users, the more clicks. It's that simple.

#52     Jan 3, 2009
  3. Here are some more posts from the wayback machine:

pspr
    Elite Member

04-06-04 01:43 AM
    Where Are The ET PermaBears?
    Hello! It's kinda quiet out there in bearland. Well, maybe you'll get a little bounce off of S&P 1150 and come out of your spider holes to cry wolf.

--------------------------------
    "In actual practice a man has to guard against many things, and most of all against himself."
    --- Jesse Livermore

indahook
    Elite Member

08-08-03 06:21 PM
    Compliance and ET
    A few of you know that by monday I will/will not have taken a job working as head of an agency desk. If I take the job I have to get my 24, but as of now I am compliance illiterate. My question is can I still post on ET as long as I am not making recos?

This one is for all the market cheerleaders.....Bull or Bear. >>
    http://www.coacheer.com/movie.html

Walther
    Elite Member

06-04-04 01:21 AM
    magna is lousy and pathetic moderator
    magna should be removed as a moderator of journals forum. He lets his buddies post personal attacks, endorses foul language and let his buddies only to attack other members but does not allow any response to these attacksand deletes those . I thought that Journal should be free of ot that but magna proved again that his ability to make a mess of anything and his inability to be unbiased is unparallel on this forum.

Edit/Delete • Quote • Complain

dbphoenix
    Elite Member

06-04-04 02:10 AM

If Magna pissed off Walther, he's got to be one of the better moderators . . .

Go, Magna!

Edit/Delete • Quote • Complain

Magna
    Moderator*

06-04-04 03:49 AM

Hahahahaha, this thread is great. And this is what pissed off Walther -- in bobcathy1's journal "Bob's Bias", among other things Walther made this arrogant and incredibly insulting comment as only he can:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from Walther:

You might be right but I know couple of the card counters and they are pretty pragmatic bunch . I cannot imagine that someone with decent iq would take superb bias method and paired it with pos entry/exit method .So naturally I smelled woman's logic behind this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turok called a spade a spade with this follow-up:

Quote from Turok:

Walther:
    >So naturally I smelled woman's logic behind this.

And you're naturally a pompous ASS and thus it was just your own behind that tweaked your nose. Naturally of course.

JB

And then Cathy, being as gracious as ever, didn't get upset but merely quoted Turok and posted a LOL. Since the comment was directed at her I thought that would be the end of it, she would have the final word, but no, that infuriated Walther and he couldn't leave well enough alone so he posted another comment after that, referencing Turok's post. Enough was enough, it had gone on too long, so I removed Walther's additional off-topic post. And that's the reason for this brilliant thread.

#53     Jan 3, 2009
  4. As a clarification, my "Noted" was posted to Ivanovich, as I see that port got one in in between.

#54     Jan 3, 2009
  5. What you want is help and people to follow you like your some stock market guru. Every bozo the clown on this board who gambles or speculates wants to be heard for whatever stupid reason thinking that they can influence the market.

NOBODY can predict the movement from the stock market within any accuracy. Parameters to trading systems are constantly changing to the point where your chart is already factored in.

Thats how stupid your post is. By publicly displaying your thoughts you already are losing the game.

#55     Jan 3, 2009
  6. Yes, I know. In this case, you're completely correct. At first, I was going to say that he might not know what the chart was lacking. If I had put up a chart and you began to tell me what was wrong with it, I'd take it as free advice and thank you - or disagree and tell you why.

Port is a problem child of the forum, that much is obvious by his multiple usernames, random one-liners. He's here more for the entertainment value. So when you, or others, contradict him, he's going to respond by acting like he knows everything.

Of course, it takes two to make an argument.

#56     Jan 3, 2009
  7. But that doesn't mean there cannot be some discussion on the subject.

You post one liners in this forum all the time I have to move. The tone in your posts is the same as Port's. You also expect people to follow your thoughts like your a guru, yet you give no credentials, no backup, no reasoning behind your calls - and then you get mad when I move them to chit chat, spewing profanity all over at me. Not that I care, but if you're going to accuse Port, then you need to take a good look at your own behavior.

#57     Jan 3, 2009
  8. Thanks Ivanovich. Its not easy being a poster on ET helping to fill it with great content.

#58     Jan 3, 2009
  9. Now lets get back on topic. The market is brushing up against a fib retracement. Its time to get short, we have topped!!!

#59     Jan 3, 2009
  10. The last recession the economy bottomed around 2001 and the market did not finally bottom until 2003. People have been saying that the market bottoms before the economy. That is not 100% written in stone. Anything can happen.

Nonetheless we have a ton of further negative pressures to work through and this market can wallow around these levels for another 2 years + especially considering the magnitude of this recession and the problems the economy must face.

The avg american consumer is done out of the picture for the next year at least. Unemployment is going higher and is predicted to surpass 10%. Consumer credit/debt is tapped out. The driver of this economy is consumer spending which accounts for some 70% of GDP. In the face of declining consumer spending how can earnings of the majority of U.S. corps increase? Earnings are the drivers of stock prices, period. Connect the dots. The factors in play and the Odds say we retest market lows. It would not surprise me if we wallow away for another 12-18+ months,,, backing and filling as this economy continues to decline.

It appears many here have little to no understanding of the drivers of stock prices, bear markets or even a high school level of understanding of economics .....and particularly the correlation between the overall economy and financial markets.

With every bear market rally many will be fooled due to hopes and wishes.

#60     Jan 3, 2009