The bear market rally is now done - Monday starts another downtrend - see attached

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Port1385, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Well, well . . .
    Speak of the devil.
    Yet another classy ET alias at work.

And no, I was not born in 1982.
    That was the year that I first became a member of an exchange.
    And you say that I'm "working on your last nerve"?

I'm very flattered!
    But thanks for your genuine concern.
    Very classy of you.
    :)

#41     Jan 3, 2009
  2. I have no aliases.
    And if what you say is true, your maturity belies your age.
    Become a Moderator. Really.

#42     Jan 3, 2009
  3. It's not as simple as that. Moderators only have so much power, and cannot perform the tasks necessary to restore the site to the state Landis is suggesting.

#43     Jan 3, 2009
  4. I can operate the wayback machine and can see exactly how this website looked.

I think you are just a spammer here to throw our discussions off topic.

Here are samples of the informative posts back in the day:

bungrider

06-04-02 08:11 PM
    Greenspan 6/4/02
    If I called Greenspan and asked him to do me a favor - namely, to shut the fuck up during market hours - do you think he'd do it?

Romeo

07-08-03 01:27 PM
    S&P 500 looking very toppy
    My quantitative analysis tells me that we are in the process of forming a major top in the S&P 500.

The formation looks to be either a head and shoulders formation, or a double top pattern. Either way, the indices are beginning to point lower.

Any comments are welcome!

Romeo

#44     Jan 3, 2009
  5. Noted.

#45     Jan 3, 2009
  6. Baron's site is ranked 20,000 on Alexa which is the highest rating it has ever received. The type of site that Landis suggested existed when the membership was only around a few thousand strong and wasnt even ranked.

Its impossible to ever bring it back. Then again, there were quite a few useless posts back then too.

You cant expect to come on to a website with hundreds of thousands of users and expect it to be what you want.

My suggestion is, that if you are so well connected, then start your own site which many of the previous membership did. They started their own private blogs and boards and made a profit off it.

#46     Jan 3, 2009
  7. Unfortunately, that may indeed be true Ivan.
    That is why I have often made the suggestion of turning ET into a pay-site; at the very least that would serve to cut down on the alias factor.

#47     Jan 3, 2009
  8. I dont have that many aliases here on ET.

#48     Jan 3, 2009
  9. Of course, that being said, the objective of any forum is to encourage discussion about the subject desired - in this case, trading. Sometimes Landis gets pissed off at the posts that are made, but I see nothing wrong with them. I attribute this to the fact that the posts are so beneath Landis's level of knowledge that he loses patience and responds in a harsh manner.

I am no where near the level of trader/investor that Landis is, so when I see a post that has some level of detail and can encourage any discussion at all that might have one iota of value to someone ( and not just a pro, but anyone ) I leave the discussion where it is.

This post by Port was lacking any original insight, but it did encourage a discussion about technical analysis wherein I had hoped people would get into a conversation about what was wrong with his chart, or what it had lacking.

They did this, but in an argumentitive fashion - and THAT is one of the major problems about the site. People just need to remember that some of us are newbies, and this is also a place where we learn. It's not just about the elites, despite the name of the site.

#49     Jan 3, 2009
  10. Noted.

#50     Jan 3, 2009