The bear market rally is now done - Monday starts another downtrend - see attached

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Port1385, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Unemployment rising every week = True but you are being short sighted.

More layoffs = Possible. But you are being short sighted.

Banks going under = Where? You are talking about the past.

Goverrnment Spending = Cash outflow was 39% 3rd Quarter - an anomoly.Its called printing money. We are in a fiat system you know. No different than most countries in this world.

ES rising on lite volume = what does that have to do with anything. The market rose during the Bush administration on light volume and sold off on high volume.

• spy.jpg
      File size:
      52.3 KB
      Views:
    #31     Jan 3, 2009
  2. He's talking about the bigger picture, not some 20 point 1% ES wiggle. Jesus.

#32     Jan 3, 2009
  3. LOL another short sighted post. You guys make me laugh. You fret over 2% moves that are part of market movement. I dont see how many of you can even sleep at night worrying about a tick moving the opposite direction of your trade.

Severely overbought? You must be kidding. Look at this chart and realize it is severely OVERSOLD.

• spy2.jpg
      File size:
      52.4 KB
      Views:
    #33     Jan 3, 2009
  4. I fully understand what you are saying and have a solution. Simply send a PM to Joe and ask him to close your account.

You have to understand that this isnt your website and the only thing you can do if you dont like certain activity is simply find a new website. No one is forcing you to be here and it appears that all you do is unleash a bunch of hot air out into the forums and constantly complain.

My suggestion is to find a new site and send a PM to Joe to close your account at Elitetrader. That will solve the problems you are having and will be a lasting solution. You wont have to log in here again and be bothered by the posts.

Whatever is going on here wont change just because you dont like it. Just go the highroad and have your account closed.

#34     Jan 3, 2009
  5. Port,

You are not a very good Texas Hold 'Em poker player, are you. Your post is like flipping over your hole cards to the world and telling them you got everybody beat.

See how ridiculous this is? Can you relate?

YOU ARE NOT THE MARKET. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO PROVE TO OTHERS, ONLY YOURSELF. SO DONT WASTE TIME TO TRY.

The faster you learn this, the better trader you will be.

#35     Jan 3, 2009
  6. Looks like my post made so much SENSE that it struck a nerve, eh?

No, this isn't MY web-site.

I have never claimed anything of the sort. But what it (ET) has the potential to be is a very VALUABLE web-site for the actual financial market trader. Unfortunately, it is posts like yours that come across as someone mindlessly throwing stuff up against the wall and hoping that it will stick. - - - Such posts do not add anything of value to ET other than web activity, which then begs the question as to what the real motive is behind someone logging onto ET and immediately authoring a dozen or so threads with everything from vague charts to hypothetical claims of what Israel uses for MRAPS to a cut and paste article on Liz Claiborne.

But more importantly, I would suggest that it is up to ALL participants of this website ( or any other website for that matter ) to do their own "policing" of threads and posts so as to create a high degree of CONTENT and VALUE.

Is there anything wrong with the latter behavior by myself or others who are concerned about the lack of ET realizing its potential with posts filled with thought provoking insight, value, and substance?

I would think not.

Let's face it, the mods are overwhelmed with monitoring some of these Forums. It's up to the members of ET to step-up and help create a more VALUABLE website by pointing out how absurd some of these posts are. In this way, someone such as yourself might actually put some well-defined THOUGHT into presenting a relative and substantive post, before actually posting . . .

For the life of me, I don't see how your chart and the "conclusion" that you came to about re-testing the old lows and the downtrend continuing on Monday were presented in any kind of logical or rational manner. And judging by the remarks made by others on this thread, your "claim" seems to have been lost on them, as well.

#36     Jan 3, 2009
  7. I was expecting to see some resistance on 915 -918 area on Friday which was a double top. I agree it was light volume, but very strong. I am short but I have a tight stop loss and will probably get out if it test 915 again.

Big Picture : Testing the low may or may not happen, but I think if we get back down there, it will not hold..

on the upside, I do not see the 1200 level before the end of summer, I am very skeptical about the V recovery

If your capital allows you, you might need to be long in the next couple of months and then slowly move your money to gold.
    When Media decides to focus on inflation, Gold will fly....

#37     Jan 3, 2009
  8. Im just wondering why you want to reform ET when, in fact, this website has been like this from the start in 1999. Trying to reform ET is like trying to reform the population at the local state prison. A noble effort, but futile and not going to happen.

Tracking my posts is also useless and a waste of time.

My question to you is why pour time, energy and resources into a place you dont like? You should just start your own trading website or blog. That way, maybe your time wouldnt be wasted and you can make some money off of it.

#38     Jan 3, 2009
  9. landis82: The point is to think.
    Given that every other thread I open (hyperbole for effect; I explain as this appears to be beyond your intellectual level, as is parody, irony, and satire to most of the posters here, so I will just have to assume that includes you) has a complaint from you, it appears that you are heavily into junior mod'ing.
    Why not just ask to be a Moderator, in that case? Simple, stupid solution.
    Is 82 your birth year, btw? In that case, I was trading when you were three. This is to stop any of the usual stupid-ass responses posters like you seem to pull from their nether regions.

(BTW, as well, you are only the second poster outside of the Politics forum to whom I have posted an answer like this. I have a lot of patience, but it's not infinite. You are by far working on my last nerve.)

#39     Jan 3, 2009
  10. With all due respect, you are wrong.

This website used to contain much more substance and value, especially in the TRADING FORUM by people that actually traded for a living. Unfortunately, many "senior" experienced traders have left because the content of these forums on ET has fallen by the wayside, and is now on par with that of a Yahoo message board. The continued "cut and paste" posts in this Forum ( as well as others ) to support grandiose Bull or Bear predictions on the market is strong evidence of this. Real traders aren't concerned with such predictions . . .

ET didn't used to be this way.

ET used to be frequented by actual TRADERS who traded for a living and didn't need to seek out any validation from posting such "predictions" on an anonymous website on the Internet superhighway. Besides, they had the MARKET tell them ( and their ego ) whether they were right or wrong. That was enough for them.

I would hope that for 2009 and the New Year that ET and its membership is cognizant of how much better this website could be.
    Perhaps a subscription site would be constructive in paving the way towards more valuable content, while cutting down on all of the childish and insidious aliases that currently run rampant on ET.

#40     Jan 3, 2009