The bd news continues...How Deep Is Economic Abyss

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by paden, Mar 23, 2008.

1. paden

paden

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080323/economy_on_the_edge.html

"I think the current financial crisis looks to me like the worst one since we got into the Depression," says Richard Sylla, who teaches the history of financial institutions at New York University's Stern School of Business.

Which is not to say this time will be anywhere near as bad -- partly because, economists note, Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke is a student of the Depression and appears to be steering the Fed toward avoiding the mistakes of back then.

A better comparison might be the economic downturn that gripped the United States in the early 1970s...

2. s

Why dont you connect with Nouriel Roubini and read his " bubble stories" he is the best published prophet of doom and gloom and his tales come straight out of the graveyard..

That will nose dive you into a lollipop factory with white coats and burly nurses and high compound walls.

3. Tums

Tums

The US economy will miraculously turn around just before the election.

Everybody will be happy; the Republicans will take credit, and the people will vote them into office again.

History repeats.

4. paden

paden

That's pretty funny, and shows how far off the edge you have gone. I didn't put an opinion of mine in that post, not at all. How do you know I don't agree with the story, or that I am long as hell right now, which I am.