the basic flaws in TA

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by marketsurfer, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Only to the point that if I'm going long , I prefer the closing price on the bar to be close to top of the bar and vice versa if shorting. If the closing and opening price create a doji near the end of the bar in the direction I am looking at, then that is a real plus. As far as other patterns, I think they are easily seen afterwards and are too subjective ie they are in the eye of the beholder. Indicators are my preference.

#371     Feb 5, 2006
  2. For those who say that TA is a losers game why are you on here complaining when you could be making millions of dollars. Just take a bunch TA indicaters and start doing the opposite of them.

#372     Feb 19, 2006
  3. IMHO, if you are not using fundamental analysis and you are not flipping a coin then you are using TA of some sort.

#373     Feb 19, 2006
  4. cnms2

cnms2

I guess if you start with coin flip entries and coin flip exits you start with a 50% win chance (zero expectancy, before deducting your costs). Then try to improve from here.

Maybe there's some wisdom in this approach: don't try to predict the market's action, don't hope the market will do what you'd like it to.

#374     Feb 19, 2006