The barless system?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by 4XIS4U, Nov 24, 2006.

1. VSTscalper

VSTscalper

4XIS4U,

Looks great to me....whatever works best for you....is what you should stick with.

I decided to play with this a little....try hiding the Line and the Parabolic Sar....from the looks of it....you may be able to use the Ribbon....by itself....similar to this chart.

VSTscalper

#11     Nov 24, 2006
  2. 4XIS4U

4XIS4U

VST, the reason I have the line and the SAR is that it gives me stop points... just using the bands would leave too much $$ on the table... accordingly to my backtesting... is that what you're suggestiong?

#12     Nov 24, 2006
  3. What charting software is that?

#13     Nov 24, 2006
  4. This line says it all ... "For the last little while I've noticed that individual bars puts a of stress on me when trading and also take me away from what's really happening... I then started to play around with the line charts... surprisingly it gives me a great level of comfort when trading..."

Your Original Chart

a) The method you use to trade it

b) The logic of entering the trades

c) The reasoning behind the partial taking of profits

d) The reason for the final exit

Are all crystal clear to me, there's no reason for you to change anything, time will tell you what changes you need to make as your level of comfort, profitability and skill at trading your system increases.

Among the financials, YM probably has the least over-all risk, next NQ, then ES and finally ER2 probably has the most. So long as you think in terms of trading risk, not trying to get the maximum profit, you'll do well with what you have.

Regards,

JJ

#14     Nov 24, 2006
  5. 4XIS4U

4XIS4U

wonderworld, chart is using Amibroker.

#15     Nov 24, 2006
  6. I suppose people decorate their charts according to taste. Personally, I apply a moisturizer to my charts to get rid of those unsightly lines.

#16     Nov 24, 2006
  7. VSTscalper

VSTscalper

4XIS4U,

I think your chart looks great and should work great....I was just playing....experimenting. As I said....whatever works best for you....that is what you should do. I have my own set-up....simple....clean....and I think yours is much the same.

I am always programming....experimenting....kind of a hobby.

VSTscalper

#17     Nov 24, 2006
  8. The braless system? I never wear a bra when I trade and it works for me. :eek:

#18     Nov 24, 2006
  9. Good for you. It just goes to show that not everyone needs technical support.

#19     Nov 25, 2006
  10. Hittfeld

Hittfeld

4XIS4U,

Is there an afl available at the yahoo group?

Being a true dummy and newbie I try working with AB, but programming is rather a strange art for me.

Thanks

Hittfeld

#20     Nov 27, 2006