The Bankruptcy of NFLX (Netflix)

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by chaosclarity, Sep 26, 2011.

1. holy shit another 11% for no apparent reason.

i will be a buyer if this hits double digits.

#31     Sep 29, 2011
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Nice call....

#32     Sep 29, 2011
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

The accounting issues are easy to adjust out though. They are very clear what they are doing. Apparently Disney and other cable companies do Netflix way. It doesn't matter anyway.

From what I had read I think you are right though. They need subscriber growth to pay for the content (however it's marked on their financial statements).

#33     Sep 29, 2011
  4. hitnrun

hitnrun

this stock has some real issues that we don't know about yet

i expect this stock to be under $ 100.00 soon enough.

Not sure how low it will go . don't think we bottomed yet .

it's ugly they way they have dumped this stock.

dangerous stock to trade.

#34     Sep 29, 2011
  5. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

NFLX is down almost 200 points in only a few months. remember 2000, when 500 dollar stocks went to 15 bucks ? rmbs, qcom, yahoo, brcm, jnpr, cien, jdsu to name a few. and they had no issues. NFLX is one dangerous stock, too much drama.

#35     Sep 29, 2011
  6. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I tried to trade the bounce. Stopped out today. No mas for me.

#36     Sep 29, 2011
  7. hitnrun

hitnrun

down over 100 points in 3 weeks. ouch. it's a crazy stock. not sure what they will say next. who know's what's is a fair price is for this. it seems like there going to lose millions of subscriber's possibly. nflx says 1.5 mil subscribers loss due to price increase. does not tell the whole story with this drop. nflx shot themselves in the foot & now are paying the price. maybe clarity on next earnings? it rolling the dice for anything more then daytrading

#37     Sep 29, 2011
  8. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Basically to make the same money in 2012 that they will make in 2011 , they have increase subscribers by 35% (and no increase in prices).

I don't see that happening. I thought there was value if you were long, but there is only hope.

#38     Sep 29, 2011
  9. hitnrun

hitnrun

no sure i understand your question?
    not sure why they dropped like a rock but i know that them losing only 1.5 mil subscribers according to nflx should not call for a 2/3 loss in the stock price. then again i just daytrade but would not buy this stock to hold long term. Not sure we are getting the complete truth about what losses nflx may take. there dumping the stock big time. so what is a bargain at this point? i don't think anyone would have expected this move down on the stock . 300 to 110 not good for long term positions if you ask me. i just trade price action & daytrade. but would not buy nflx to hold at this point. i try not to hope with a stock that is under fire

#39     Sep 29, 2011
  10. stay away from taking this stock long.....aside from the bounces you may see here and there this stock is a short the rally...not buy the dip. its all in the chart and this time the fundamentals agree...way overpriced still for what will soon be a commoditized (sp?) business... also the market itself will soon find its way through major support...SPY will break that 111 area with in the next couple weeks in my opinion and that will usher in a second leg down...fast and hard to SPY 100 area...that will bring NFLX and othe high multiple momo stocks down hard....stay short NFLX and the SPY

#40     Oct 2, 2011