The Baby Jesus

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by kut2k2, Dec 28, 2012.

1. I feel sorry for the prepubescent Jesus. Pimply faced and voice cracking, nobody prays to him.

#11     Dec 29, 2012
  2. jem

jem

Is anyone saying Jesus is in heaven as the baby Jesus?
    Graven images...
    don't you think the point is where you put your faith.
    Faith in the unseen God vs worshiping models or money or fame or pagan images or stones.

Now if you were to say hey the problem with catholics is that the uneducated ones... might actually pray to the carved image as if it were God.... I'd say they might happen in some remote areas which still have vodoo or santeria or something but I seriously doubt a U.S. Catholic thinks that ornament has is God or it deserves worship.

I also agree there is too much emphasis on saints... just like in many evangelical churches I hear them talking about angels.

#12     Dec 29, 2012
  3. It occurs to me that if ET had a troll/Samaritan scale of zero through ten, with zero being a troll, and ten being helpful citizen, your post here would be about negative two.

It makes me wonder , just how many poor dumb-asses are on your mailing list, who have fallen for your antics, and are now receiving physical excrement in addition to the verbal fecal matter you've been delivering here quite regularly. :eek:

#13     Dec 29, 2012
  4. Can you back this up?

I didn't see any name on a plaque saying the doll was the baby Jesus either. It looks more like a baby Liberace to me.

Are you sure this isn't just some kind of Barbi or Ken doll they give to rich kids for Christmas, or part of an ornate clock?

[​IMG]

#14     Dec 29, 2012
  5. kut2k2

kut2k2

You should change your name from Hoofhearted to Searchchallenged.

Goodbye, clueless one.

#15     Dec 30, 2012
  6. kinda funny to watch the left eat it's own.:cool:

#16     Dec 30, 2012
  7. The "baby Jesus" thing is metaphorical, meant to elicit emotional responses associated with innocence and purity, that's all.

Time is relative. I find it amusing that the argument that God cannot be proven (thereby definitively negating the possibility of God's existence) also by the same logic indirectly makes the argument that string theory is incorrect, since no one atm can prove the existence of 11 dimensions either.

Still waiting for Richard Dawkins to call those physicists idiots....

#17     Dec 30, 2012
  8. kut2k2

kut2k2

kinda funny to watch PT attack Abraham Lincoln, the founder of the GOP. Looks like that whole Southern Strategy thing didn't take. :D

Good luck with that whole New Confederacy thing. :D :D

#18     Dec 30, 2012
  9. It's pretty simple I attack those whom deserve it and our nations greatest traitor to freedom and the founders new nation certainly deserves ,my wrath.

He was our version of Stalin and Hitler and the bringer of leviathan (Imperial federal gubbermint aka as the authoritarian centralized state)

The founding fathers fought the despotic rule of a monarchy only to lose it to an even more powerful and authoritarian rule of the Imperial Federal Govt.

lincoln and his centralized state was a prelude to all the dictatorships of the 19th century.

#19     Dec 30, 2012
  10. I wonder if baby Jesus pooped his diapers just like regular babies.

#20     Dec 30, 2012