The Awakening

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stonedinvestor, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Landis called this post of the week.

I concur.

Epic.

Give thanks for what you have and fret not about what you don't...

'True Liberty is the realization that you don't need that which striving to obtain will make you worse off.'

#41     Dec 1, 2008
  2. I'm back. I've got some balls and I made a great trade which I want to tell you all about. I feel bad because yesterday as I was watching dear OCEAN POWER TECH which started off this epic thread... and I do hope you were referring to my work ByLo and not Mvic short reprise... Anyway I was going to post this yesterday which you all would of been happier with, but to be honest I was afraid I would look like a fool. Here's the set up.

I'm always pinging off conferences and it never works. But I fall for it- so and so is at yada yada Green conference and then I see a blip, someone must of said something and I'm in... That's why these companies go to these conferences... yesterday was a bit difference OPTT had earnings for which I cannot find and a 10:00 conference call and recap... So on the daily yesterday lo and behold at like 10:10, if you all have the ability to go back and check the hourly please do so... I tried to copy a graph but it wouldn't paste for me.... at 10:10 the stock goes vertical and I sat there and I said to myself... someone said something.... and I took a position (1/2 of course damn) @ $7.00 did a limit order because there was a 20 cent spread played it just right and vooola' it's $8 today & I still have no idea what was said... but since it was $4.90 when I initially had my Awakening here, this was certainly one of the better profiles on ET. I'm glad I got my wife in at $5.60! I'll tell you that, I'm a bit of a late comer but I have surmised that management must of said- look for something big out of the Spain contract or another order was about to come in from somewhere. We have incredible leverage here I think folks.... a big order and see ya, way up I believe... The one annoying factor is I have gone through reams and reams of company info and they highly guard how much output of electricity comes from these wave buoys - they're damn huge you would expect a lot but that info is held very close to vest which is troublesome.

On to Lulu.

Across from my gym a empty space was suddenly filled in 3 days by LULU. A day after their opening their sign said massive reductions, that did not raise much hope for the stonedinvestor... I still track it every day because I like very much the retail concept. Today I sent the ULTIMATE SHOPPER in and she's prancing around the house now in a tight ass pair of black tights that has gotten me extremely horny despite throwing up all day. Try that at home!
    I caught some worm from a fish or something hateful last night it's hiding in my chest like a serpent and as soon as you introduce any kind of liquid or food... back out it comes.... Anyway, the wife REALLY loves the clothes... they fit the active lifestyle and she said not only was the new store crowed as hell but the help was extremely good and efficient and there was a whole range of items she was thinking about buying... which has got be thinking about buying LULU... she's surfing $10 now (Lulu is) and I've been charting since $7.55 and $8.83, after a big fall in retail I wouldn't say she's running away from me but it's close. I like this name. Were LULU to hold $10 and gain from here Mutual Funds would be looking, retail is one of the first sectors you buy in a recession emerge scenario.

In retail and I hope you all know that's what I did for ten years when I pretended to work, I also like the price action on BED BATH AND BEYOND... they pre announced some pretty significant shortfalls and held $19 in a most impressive way... with that as your sell stop... BBBY is a buy @$21. Next year with no more Linen N' Things... big numbers.I think Guess reported today, GES so I will want to check on that and I favor URBN & Ralph Lauren.

Outside of retail a hot stock to look at is FSYS.

MOVE is Realtor.com. It's now a $1 stock. I will post separately on this but I have done a sum of parts analysis that basically says YOU ARE GETTING THE MOST TRAVELLED REALTY WEB SITE FOR FREE! It's really amazing a sort of insider has been buying millions and millions of shares check out Insider Buying* S&P has a $2.50 target and I agree but if this 4 1/2 % Mortgage idea comes through, little MOVE will be moving to $3 and beyond... that's 300% return folks...

Alright that's the brief check in. I STILL HAVE NOT BOUGHT A STOCK IN SIZE and I still have not contacted the Hedge Fund... I do this so that you all can make money.... as long as I give up- the Market will be the one Awakening... if I get the urge to trade again big time surly we will revisit those lows and worse... so for now I have seen my account (down $400,000 I tell you this because I want you all to know the pain I'm in- this is no BS) and the action I have taken of course is no action but I do have a plan now which has a certain line in the sand on the DOW which I have forgotten 7380 I want to say and a complete bitch puke into TIPS... but let's hope that doesn't come to pass....

WATCH LIST-
    URBN
    PWR
    FSYS
    FWLT
    GES
    GMCR
    PPDI
    LULU
    MOVE

.... and how about that OPTT! ~stoney

#42     Dec 4, 2008
  3. There should be a discussion of what the recession/depression is doing to the affluent, but not sure if here is the place to do it.

#43     Dec 4, 2008
  4. Why do people keep feeding this obvious shill.

#44     Dec 4, 2008