The Awakening

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stonedinvestor, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Interestingly Obama has followed through on the first of my big ideas in this thread on how to save the Country. He is basically creating a new Shadow market Committee and no other than Volker will be the lead voice. Chalk one up for stoney. In the long run Obama will make no bigger decision.

The second big idea is to put a big Gov tax on gas.
    Then to announce that the hike on folks lucky enough to make more than $250K a year will be phased in, starting a year from now and the last phase will be the Bush tax cuts expiring. There will be no jolt.

Now for the third big idea... If you remember back when the DOW was soaring and the Nasdaq was deep in it's Internet mania, there was at that time a real serious discussion about putting US GOV funds, medicare etc. into the stock market. I rebelled at this idea at the time.
    Now I embrace it. Now I know comparisons can me made to China in this regard but so be it. The very nature of the short seller in the States is akin to currency traders, if you show them a big enough side to a trade they walk away. Stocks will go up. A lot has been made about the Feds gun and how sometimes only showing the gun gets results you need not fire a bullet and sometimes you fire a whole bunch. This would be a big gun for the market.

Lastly for now, The G-20 should create currency bands and not allow fluctuations beyond a certain point. This would get rid of the Icfeland risk and the possibility of deflation sweeping the world.

I'm sure I have more good ideas but someone has got to start paying me. So as of today I am applying to the new administration to fulfill a new position " Investor In Chief. "

Went to a homeless/ church set up today and donated can goods and sang some silly songs.
    I don't feel any better. I'm fighting like crazy with the wife- no one understands - It's so hard to be cheery this Thanksgiving. Or to give thanks. I'll try now in a small way I thank you all for listening and your suggestions and I just want to know am I the only guy on ET who just looked at his account this week? This inability to look must be dealt with but on two fronts. I happily day traded and made weekly money on most weeks- all spent - but now that I know the truth, I am much weaker in spirit. My wife made me look so I'll let you all draw your own conclusions as to who is at fault for my breakdown. GO GIANTS!
    ~stoney

#31     Nov 26, 2008
  2. Your real problem is that you only blame others for your problems. Also you like to take credit for the investments you've made in a historically BULL market phase.

#32     Nov 26, 2008
  3. Stoney thinks there's actual money in actual accounts for all the social benefits...

LOL

:D

#33     Nov 26, 2008
  4. ammo

ammo

No matter how much money u have ,u will always have bills and need more, as long as your brain is working,your limbs, and your eyes and ears,you will be able to earn more,consider yourself lucky if you have all those, a 4 year old, a wife , and a vacation home,if i were your freind and part of the reason was because i wasn't a whiner, and i started whining, what would you say to me? If it were reversed i would tell you ,it's just the holiday blues, and by the way wives always get jittery around holidays when they have to see their mother and mother-in-law, some kind of female pecking order that we will never understand

#34     Nov 26, 2008
  5. Stoned sure is a dichotomy. One sentence is chest-thumping about his great ideas and the next is whining about his self-esteem. Real life is somewhere in the middle.

And, oh, if you have a second home I DO NOT feel sorry for you. I would LOVE to have one. Sell the freaking thing along with all other unnecessaries. Some have it MUCH MUCH worse than you. How self centered can you be not to at least be moved by seeing homeless people?

#35     Nov 26, 2008
  6. Ditto - you are still much better off than 95% of Americans and 99.9% of the world.

#36     Nov 26, 2008
  7. Mvic

Mvic

You mention you have a 4 year old. Can you imagine what it would feel like to be homeless with your children in a shelter? This is why I suggested you go to a family homless shelter and find out, by asking them directly, how some of those families got there, mostly through no fault of their own (ie not drugs etc) When you hear their stories and see the kids sleeping in cots in dormitories with very little they can call thier own beyond a dirty old toy they cling desperately to as a reminder of their old life and you then return home to your comfortable bed and see your 4 year old sleeping comfortably in theirs in their quiet room full of toys you will know just how lucky you are. Get a little perspective, it does wonders.

#37     Nov 26, 2008
  8. Post of the Week.
    :)

#38     Nov 26, 2008
  9. Stoney,

This is Mister mop.....please come back.

#39     Dec 1, 2008
  10. ammo

ammo

u know how much a homeless guy would value your new boxers, even your old freshly washed ones?

#40     Dec 1, 2008