The Armed Citizen

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Arthur Deco, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Hoodoo. No permit. Carry in the open.

#11     Dec 15, 2009
  2. Some people are missing the point of the site link: armed citizens are saving taxpayer money by cutting criminals' careers short.

#12     Dec 15, 2009
  3. Yes, in the interest of clarity, it's important to support a position with completely unrelated arguments.

#13     Dec 15, 2009
  4. I was on tdy when 3 men tried to rob me in broad daylight in a shopping center. I got away from them and jumped in my car but they followed me to my motel room. I was unarmed and was afraid to go to my room because I was afraid that they would catch me before I got the door locked, so I went in the motel office to call the police but the rotten clerk wouldn't do it. I had to wait till the robbers left before I could go to my room.
    Needless to say I didn't sleep very well that night.

Next day when I got home, I went straight to the gun shop and bought a .38 snub nose. One of the best investment that I ever made.
    I sleep a lot better now.

#14     Dec 15, 2009
  5. TGregg

TGregg

And if that doesn't work, even bigger government surely will.

#15     Dec 15, 2009

6. there is your answer Thunderdog, oops gabfly.

#16     Dec 15, 2009
  7. Perfect example of why in Texas we extended our "A Man's Home is His Castle" law to the car. You can carry concealed on your way to the car, in the car, and on the way back to the house, with no permit. That has done wonders to squelch carjackings. My wife carries a snubby .357 magnum and is wicked with it at carjacker range. The number of women and elderly taking concealed carry classes and practicing on the range warms my leathern old heart. Many of them have stories like yours. I will never forget the experience of lining up with a broad cross-section of society determined to make passing scores on handgun proficiency in their tests. My hearing is almost restored, too. Woe betide anyone who ever fucks with them. Their ranks are growing by over 30 THOUSAND a year.

#17     Dec 15, 2009
  8. The bad guys don't know how to use their guns.
    ---------------

Did you see on the news re nyc Times Square? The bad guy , shooting the pistol horizontally. like every other guy in the hood. The gun jams. The gun will jam if not fired vertically.

#18     Dec 15, 2009
  9. They followed you after you got in your car? Were they extraordinarily fast runners or did they follow you in another car?

#19     Dec 15, 2009
  10. And many small pistoles will jam if you don't use a two handed stiff-wristed grap. The site I referred to has many many vignettes on solitary armed practiced prepared citizen running off three home invaders armed with shotguns. Now I would shit my pants if I had to shoot against a shotgun, which is why it is my preference for home defense, but people apparently do it routinely out of desperation.

#20     Dec 15, 2009