The Architect

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magickian, Jun 10, 2003.

1. The Architect - Hello, Neo.

Neo - Who are you?

The Architect - I am the Architect. I created the matrix. I've been waiting for you. You have many questions, and although the process has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably human. Ergo, some of my answers you will understand, and some of them you will not. Concordantly, while your first question may be the most pertinent, you may or may not realize it is also the most irrelevant.

Neo - Why am I here?

The Architect - Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.

Neo - You haven't answered my question.

The Architect - Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.

*The responses of the other Ones appear on the monitors: "Others? What others? How many? Answer me!"*

The Architect - The matrix is older than you know. I prefer counting from the emergence of one integral anomaly to the emergence of the next, in which case this is the sixth version.

*Again, the responses of the other Ones appear on the monitors: "Five versions? Three? I've been lied too. This is bullshit."*

Neo: There are only two possible explanations: either no one told me, or no one knows.

The Architect - Precisely. As you are undoubtedly gathering, the anomaly's systemic, creating fluctuations in even the most simplistic equations.

*Once again, the responses of the other Ones appear on the monitors: "You can't control me! F*ck you! I'm going to kill you! You can't make me do anything!*

Neo - Choice. The problem is choice.

*The scene cuts to Trinity fighting an agent, and then back to the Architect's room*

The Architect - The first matrix I designed was quite naturally perfect, it was a work of art, flawless, sublime. A triumph equaled only by its monumental failure. The inevitability of its doom is as apparent to me now as a consequence of the imperfection inherent in every human being, thus I redesigned it based on your history to more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of your nature. However, I was again frustrated by failure. I have since come to understand that the answer eluded me because it required a lesser mind, or perhaps a mind less bound by the parameters of perfection. Thus, the answer was stumbled upon by another, an intuitive program, initially created to investigate certain aspects of the human psyche. If I am the father of the matrix, she would undoubtedly be its mother.

Neo - The Oracle.

The Architect - Please. As I was saying, she stumbled upon a solution whereby nearly 99.9% of all test subjects accepted the program, as long as they were given a choice, even if they were only aware of the choice at a near unconscious level. While this answer functioned, it was obviously fundamentally flawed, thus creating the otherwise contradictory systemic anomaly, that if left unchecked might threaten the system itself. Ergo, those that refused the program, while a minority, if unchecked, would constitute an escalating probability of disaster.

Neo - This is about Zion.

The Architect - You are here because Zion is about to be destroyed. Its every living inhabitant terminated, its entire existence eradicated.

Neo - Bullshit.

*The responses of the other Ones appear on the monitors: "Bullshit!"*

The Architect - Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it.

*Scene cuts to Trinity fighting an agent, and then back to the Architects room.*

The Architect - The function of the One is now to return to the source, allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry, reinserting the prime program. After which you will be required to select from the matrix 23 individuals, 16 female, 7 male, to rebuild Zion. Failure to comply with this process will result in a cataclysmic system crash killing everyone connected to the matrix, which coupled with the extermination of Zion will ultimately result in the extinction of the entire human race.

Neo - You won't let it happen, you can't. You need human beings to survive.

The Architect - There are levels of survival we are prepared to accept. However, the relevant issue is whether or not you are ready to accept the responsibility for the death of every human being in this world.

*The Architect presses a button on a pen that he is holding, and images of people from all over the matrix appear on the monitors*

The Architect - It is interesting reading your reactions. Your five predecessors were by design based on a similar predication, a contingent affirmation that was meant to create a profound attachment to the rest of your species, facilitating the function of the one. While the others experienced this in a very general way, your experience is far more specific. Vis-a-vis, love.

*Images of Trinity fighting the agent from Neo's dream appear on the monitors*

Neo - Trinity.

The Architect - Apropos, she entered the matrix to save your life at the cost of her own.

Neo - No!

The Architect - Which brings us at last to the moment of truth, wherein the fundamental flaw is ultimately expressed, and the anomaly revealed as both beginning, and end. There are two doors. The door to your right leads to the source, and the salvation of Zion. The door to the left leads back to the matrix, to her, and to the end of your species. As you adequately put, the problem is choice. But we already know what you're going to do, don't we? Already I can see the chain reaction, the chemical precursors that signal the onset of emotion, designed specifically to overwhelm logic, and reason. An emotion that is already blinding you from the simple, and obvious truth: she is going to die, and there is nothing that you can do to stop it.

*Neo walks to the door on his left*

The Architect - Humph. Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness.

Neo - If I were you, I would hope that we don't meet again.

The Architect - We won't.

End Scene

----

*The part with the "other ones" could be viewed differently. They can either be the past Neo's on the TV screens or they are Neo's reactions. The architect does imply that he can read Neo's emotions. This is not the official script but a transcript. So these are only what we recorded happening.*

2. gay

3. I remember people like this Magickian dude, they would live their life around some fantasy. I haven't seen folks like this since high school.....or a Trekkie convention. You know, the type that would draw album covers, song lyrics, and movie characters on their notebooks but replace the movie stars with themselves and their friends......screensavers from their favorite movie....lunchboxes with their favorite movie on the side....I bet this clown wears Matrix pajamas to bed.

[​IMG]

Try getting a real life, then living in pop fantasy won't be so appealing as a full time focus of your imagination.

4. sunnie

sunnie

KEANU REEVES
    Who are you?

THE EXPLAINER
    I am The Explainer. I designed the
    matrix screenplay. Unable to
    decently explain the convoluted plot
    well, I have resorted to putting
    myself here in the final act and
    having you ask all of the questions
    the audience wants to ask.
    (dramatic pause)
    You must begin by asking your own
    questions then gradually switch to
    asking those of the audience, in
    order to not make this scene any
    more awkward than it already is.
    Concordantly, while your first
    question may be the most pertinent,
    you may or may not realize it is
    also the most irrelevant.

KEANU REEVES
    Why am I here?

THE EXPLAINER
    Many years ago, shortly before the
    success of Speed, you sold your soul
    to the devil in exchange for a
    promise of notoriety that your
    piss-poor acting skills do not
    deserve. This series is the
    actualization of this promise.

KEANU REEVES
    What was the Osiris? And who was
    that kid in zion who kept pestering
    me?

THE EXPLAINER
    You will find the answers to these
    questions by purchasing The
    Animatrix, a collection of nine
    animated shorts from some of Anime's
    top directors.

KEANU REEVES
    Alright. Well, what was that crap
    Glora said about vampires and
    werewolves? And how did Jada Pinkett
    Smith get to Laurence Fishburne
    during the car chase? And what the
    hell happened during the power plant
    takeover climax that-wasn't?

THE EXPLAINER
    You will find the answers to those
    questions by purchasing the Enter
    The Matrix game, available for
    Windows, Playstation2, Xbox, and
    Gamecube. Enter the Matrix features
    awesome gunplay and spectacular
    martial arts that bend the rules of
    the Matrix. This game isn't just
    set in the Matrix universe--it's an
    integral part of the experience,
    with a story that weaves in and out
    of The Matrix Reloaded. Enter the
    Matrix is the story behind the
    story.

KEANU REEVES
    Fine! Then tell me this, what the
    hell is with Hugo Weaving saying he
    and I have some special connection?
    And how come I can control machines
    in the real world? And will we win
    the war if I don't choose the door
    to my right?

THE EXPLAINER
    You will find the answers to these
    questions when you watch The Matrix
    Revolutions, coming later in 2003.

KEANU REEVES
    I hate you.

THE EXPLAINER
    Perhaps you should drink more
    Powerade.

KEANU REEVES
    Just answer me one question. We're
    not going to find out that the real
    world is in another matrix, are we?

THE EXPLAINER
    Christ I hope not.

http://ter.air0day.com/index.php?script=matrixreloaded

:) :) :) :)

Magickian, do you have a link for the complete script or transcript?

5. Reminds me a lot of the religious people i know...

6. magick,

that is a cool script you posted. don't let these dudes grind you down.

best,

surfer:cool:

7. Funny you should say that. Reminds me of the scientists of the past whose theories were shown to be wrong continually with the advancement of deeper knowledge and percpetion, yet each generation was always convinced they had it right....even though they knew their science was incomplete.

Men of faith surrender to the fact that they don't know it all and seek a higher intelligence for guidance, whereas in each generation the average scientific minds think they don't need to.

In God's name, how can you approach the great questions of the Cosmos, of the nature of Being and Reality if you haven't first formed a clear idea of what's inside and what's outside, and what part your own brain plays in supporting your ruminations?
    -Stephen Harrison, The Mind/Brain Problem

Each of us believes himself to live directly within the world that surrounds him, to sense its objects and events precisely, and to live in real and current time. I assert that these are perceptual illusions ... Each of us lives within the universe - the prison of his own brain.
    -Vernon Mountcastle; The View from Within. John Hopkins Med. Journal 136, p. 109.

I begin to suspect that a man's bewilderment is the measure of his wisdom.
    - Nathaniel Hawthorne

All are sure in their days except the most wise ... He is the wisest philosopher who holds his theory with some doubt.
    - Faraday (1910) Life and Letters. p. 179.

The highest form that intelligence takes is a recognition of its own limits and limitations. For in doing so, the intelligence conceptualizes something larger than itself.
    - Steve Lehar

A proof is that which convinces a reasonable man; a rigorous proof is that which convinces an unreasonable man.
    -Mark Kac (mathematician)

If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite.
    - William Blake, Marriage of Heaven & Hell, Plate 14.

I never came upon any of my discoveries through the process of rational thinking.
    -Albert Einstein

It has always seemed to me extreme presumptuousness on the part of those who want to make human ability the measure of what nature can and knows how to do, since, when one comes down to it, there is not one effect in nature, no matter how small, that even the most speculative minds can fully understand.
    -Galileo Galilei

It is good a philosopher should remind himself, now and then, that he is a particle pontificating on infinity.
    -Ariel and Will Durant

Scientists are the easiest to fool. They think in straight, predictable, directable, and therefore misdirectable, lines. The only world they know is the one where everything has a logical explanation and things are what they appear to be. Children and conjurors — they terrify me. Scientists are no problem; against them I feel quite confident.
    -James P. Hogan

I think I can safely say that nobody understands
    -Richard Feynman

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
    -Albert Einstein

Scientists were rated as great heretics by the church, but they were truly religious men because of their faith in the orderliness of the universe.
    -Albert Einstein

I do not know what I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem to have been only a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.
    -Isaac Newton

8. have you considered combining the rational mind with the mind of faith ?? using logic, science, rationality to grasp the things of this existence and utilizing the tools of the mystic to explore other aspects ? i do not believe they are mutually exclusive. nice quotes, by the way.

surfer

9. When logic, properly applied, comes to the correct conclusion that limited to its own devices, that the logical mind is not able to solve the mysteries of its own existence, the journey of faith can begin.

Any logician who does not question the real source of logic, is a poor logician and lacking in natural curiousity.

Only upon sincerely asking a question, a humble admission that the answer is not known by the questioner, can the answer ever truly come into the mind and heart of the one who is seeking complete knowledge.

10. "Who has not science and has not art, let him religion have."

--Goethe

Your quotations made me think of that one. Carry on...

#10     Jun 10, 2003