The American way of dealing with economic problems

Discussion in 'Economics' started by SouthAmerica, Aug 24, 2008.

1. If America is so poor at dealing with our economic problems then why do we have by far the largest economy in the world? SA, the U.S. is still the world's most powerful and most wealthy nation and will probably continue to be so for the forseeable future. Brazil, on the other hand, is a third-world, AIDS infested shithole. What does this chimp keep posting this crap in a trading forum?

#11     Aug 24, 2008
  2. .

Jprad: And, now you're looking for sympathy?

August 25, 2008

SouthAmerica: I don’t want sympathy from anybody.

If I was looking for sympathy I would not have started my posting as follows: “You have to be very dumb and stupid to move this thread from the economics forum to the chit chat forum.”

It is hardly a statement from someone who is looking for sympathy.

I live here in the United States and I see on a daily basis how Americans avoid tackling any problem head on – Americans push the problems forward as far as they can until the problem snowball into a massive crisis.

When you bring up all these problems that is sinking the United States then you become anti-American – and there is not much of anything positive to talk about the US since January 2001.

Sure I am bashing the Bush administration every way I can – these people are destroying this country and they are going to leave behind just the carcass of the country we used to call United States.

At this point I have realized that there is no hope for turning this country around and the only thing that I can do is seat on the deck of the Titanic and watch the ship go down.

By the way, for these people who take everything on a personal basis many times I write things that the Brazilians don’t like about Brazil and they also give me a hard time.

Just recently I posted something about the Brazilian Central banker Henrique Meirelles saying that he had done the right thing when he increased the equivalent of the Fed Funds rate in Brazil.

Many Brazilians let me know that they did not agree with me and that the increase in fed Funds rate in Brazil would hurt growth and so on. (which I am aware of.)

Recently I also wrote and posted a piece and I said that what we need in Brazil right now is another Castelo Branco. Someone let me know immediately that today it is politically incorrect to say such thing in Brazil.

Then I answered him by saying that I don’t follow the politically correct stuff and I take no prisoners.

Most of you don’t know what I mean when I said that Brazil needs a new Castelo Branco – but the Brazilians knew exactly what I was talking about.

donnap: U.S. immigration policies and the resultant population explosion are ruining our country. We do not have the resources to sustain such growth.

Why would the government pursue such a destructive policy - which destablizes the cohesiveness of our nation and ruins our quality of life?

…It's 2008, not 1848 and our country can no longer sustain large numbers of immigrants without taking away from the rest of the population and depleting already scarce resources (read higher prices).

SouthAmerica: This is the first time I see any posting from you.

But all I can say is that what you wrote above summarized in a nutshell the root and enormity of the problem.

You grasped the tremendous economic impact that the population explosion is going to have in the future of the United States.

Thank you for your contribution to this subject.

Nutmeg: Personally, I admire the immigrants. Why stand in the way of people who want to work?

SouthAmerica: It is one thing to import people with PhD’s and highly educated. It is another thing to keep importing millions and millions of uneducated people as the US has been doing for the last 25 years.

TM Direct: hey...its worked pretty darn good for 100 years now....what is the USA supposed to do? maybe we can act like a South American country and everytime there is an economic problem we: 1) bail on all our foreign loans and bonds 2) soicalize our coutry and 3) remain a poor 3rd world country for hundreds of years

SouthAmerica: Do you men like the US is taking the foreigners for a ride and scamming them every way possible like never before in the history of the world?

Such as:

The US dollar and the biggest default in history
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121313

And Chrysler government bail out, savings and loan government bail out, Bear Stearns government bailout, Fannie and Freddie massive government bailout, US airline industry massive government bailout….I could go on and on regarding this subject since the United States economy is turning itself into a massive government economic bailout.

Today we can’t talk about the American capitalism system without saying something about how dependent the system is on US government bailouts.

Talking about the socialization of a country’s economy:

In Brazil the total Brazilian government annual budget is about US$ 200 billion dollars.

In the United States the total US government annual budget is about US$ 3 trillion dollars.

The US government budget accounts for a very large chunk of the US economy and without it the US economy would not be able to survive.

jprad: This country was built by immigrants looking for a better way of life and government for all other immigrants in search of same.

SouthAmerica: These are noble sentiments and worked well when the country had 50, 90, 120, and 150 million people.

After a certain point you need to adjust your thinking and your actions to take in consideration the new conditions.

Hopefully after a certain point you start using your brain to think and your common sense, if you have it, and adjust your policies accordingly.

Illum: Southamerica your threads are worthless. You started another one about the great exodus of immigrants. Now one about a huge influx. You will post any old crap that paints the US in a bad light. Shut it, you are as worthless as your threads.

SouthAmerica: Reply to Illum

You are too dumb to grasp and understand the subject that is at hand.

Toc: China will be totally hollowed as most of its economy is based on exporting to US and world will sink into depression very fast.

SouthAmerica: The Chinese economy is getting more dependent on their domestic market than the US gives them credit for.

As the US sinks like the Titanic – sure it will affect the global economy but not as much as Americans wished for.

The US economy is becoming less important for the total global economy than in the past.

The world economy it will survive even as the US economy sinks into a black hole.

Toc: From paycheck to paycheck, the scenario can quickly become hand to mouth and then we are talking some very angry folks and big change in lifestyles.

]******

SouthAmerica: Millions and millions of Americans already have achieved that change in lifestyle that you are talking about.

And millions and millions of Americans are hanging by a thread as long they can access some credit card line of credit – their lifestyle depends on having credit from somewhere and these people will go only as far as their line of credit take them.

Chris 12000: SA, the U.S. is still the world's most powerful and most wealthy nation and will probably continue to be so for the foreseeable future.

SouthAmerica: The inflated numbers that you are referring to can be punctured just as we puncture a balloon.

Guess what happens when you puncture a balloon?

The hot air comes out – and the balloon does not look as big anymore.

chriss 12000: What does this chimp keep posting this crap in a trading forum?

SouthAmerica: Reply to Chris 12000

You are just like a little kid throwing a temper tantrum.

I don’t want you to write and post stuff on this forum because I don’t like the stuff that you write about.

But I am too dumb to realize that I don’t have to read the stuff that you posting on this forum.

#12     Aug 25, 2008