The American Justice System...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Apr 26, 2007 1:59 am US/Central

Ohio Judge Frees Man After Bible Quiz

CINCINNATI — A man arrested on Wednesday for allegedly trying to use a stolen credit card at a drugstore got a break from a judge after passing a sort of Bible quiz.

When Eric Hine appeared in court this morning, his attorney described him as a church-goer, hoping the judge would set a low bond.

Hamilton County Municipal Court Judge John Burlew was skeptical and asked Hine to recite the 23rd Psalm.

He did: all six verses. Some in the courtroom applauded.

Burlew was satisfied and released Hine on a $10,0000 appearance bond, meaning he'll have to pay that amount if he doesn't show up for his next court date.

http://cbs11tv.com/religion/local_story_116104648.html

2. hughb

hughb

If I were a judge I would immediately release any defendant who could recite Malachai 2:3.

3. Malachai what?
    You shoudnt expect folk to know this stuff, and anyway, its outrageous and rotten favouritism to do so.

By all means, if you were judge , have an extended conversation with said defendant, and base your entirely prejudiced opinion on your personal perception of how well they kissed your ass, without knowing jack about them except what they said to you about some other irrelevant crap.

Wonderfull.

Z, where do you get this stuff?
    How much , exactly is $10,0000 dollars?
    :D

4. fhl

fhl

I wouldn't, seeing as how there is no such book. :p

5. Was the man sworn under oath with a bible?