The American Dream Built on Debt, Living in Beverly Hills

Discussion in 'Economics' started by wildfirepow, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Probably. Personally I think 'the land of the free' mentality suggests scant space for mental or physical discipline....

And as far as education, when we were children I think too much emphasis was put on religion, I can't remember one single class on money management during the first years of school.

You can't blame society as a whole for not having had proper schooling as it refers to money management skills. And you can't blame the parents either, if they didn't know any better either.

It's all a learning process, there is no way around it.

#51     Sep 8, 2009
  2. Nor later years. Neither to graduate from HS nor college is there (or wasn't in my time) a requirement for even ONE semester of "financial anything".

Of all that's taught in school, what could be more valuable? But it was never required.

I think there is a reason. I believe the government WANTS us ignorant as a box of rocks when it comes to money... so that we don't question their bilge and keep doing their bidding, regardless of how harmful to ourselves.

:mad:

#52     Sep 8, 2009
  3. hell ya. women should be kept barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. and if they sprout off slap them around a bit.

#53     Sep 8, 2009
  4. jjf

jjf

yes I would agree.

our lives are too important to be placed in the hands of clever greedy manipulative people.
    It is best we take charge of ourselves.
    This is happening and it has the gov. very concerned, as people slooooowly learn to do without "things" and develop their values in other places of their minds.

It means that the days of the lab rats is under serious threat from within.

#54     Sep 8, 2009
  5. It wasn't government, it was religion, teaching us that rich people could never enter heaven.

That type of message if instilled in a brain of a 7 or 8 year old becomes part of his/hers subconscious programing for the rest of the person's life. That is why so many people make money through their life's but are broke when they die.

That is the reason why we had to invent social security and medicare...etc.....

I could go on and on, but hope you guys can catch my drift.

There is no reason to blame anybody for anything, as all that happens is good and necessary for us to learn and evolve.....

#55     Sep 8, 2009
  6. jjf

jjf

Why do you distinguish between religion and gov.

Each is an external power craving your body and it's productivity.
    Neither want your creativity, just your obedience.

One uses fear and the other uses fear.
    How can you tell the difference

#56     Sep 8, 2009
  7. Yeah all of us spent 70% of our day in public school reading about Christianity, islam, buddism, hinduism, ect...

and THATS what messed up our thinking about money.

Oh wait...I dont remember spending 1 minute on religion in public school...do you?

#57     Sep 8, 2009
  8. This the first I've heard this...

Hmmm..... I can see it now. The Church preaching to their poor... (1) "Take solace... at least YOU can enter the Kingdom of Heaven, while the rich cannot, (2) If you've got a little money, please give freely when the plate is passed... you wouldn't want the money to back up on you none so that you might become "too rich", now would you?... and (3) If you ARE rich, the way to unburden yourself of your cross and possibly pave your path the the Pearly Gates is to give your money away so that you are not rich... and ahem... may we suggest the FIRST place you consider giving away your money to....... IS THE CHURCH"?

#58     Sep 8, 2009
  9. Well I guess that keeps the pope out of heaven.

I'm guessing you are referring to the passage that its easier to get a camel thru the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.

That passage means that you should not trust your riches to get you into heaven. You can give all the charity you want and it will not get you there.

#59     Sep 8, 2009
  10. that leads to one of the most repulsive things about christianity. you can be a selfish ass your whole life but if you are able to say "i believe" before you die you are in the club.
    i find it amusing to pin christians down that believe this way because it means that hitler, if he repented before he died, is in heaven but his jewish victims who did not believe got sent to hell.

#60     Sep 8, 2009