The American Dream Built on Debt, Living in Beverly Hills

Discussion in 'Economics' started by wildfirepow, Sep 8, 2009.

1. As humans we have evolved away from a 'survival' mentality to one of 'living comfortably' mentality.

Living comfortably in the long term requires good money management skills, something we as humans have been late to realize.

Because this was not taught to the masses when growing up, you see the effects today in every sector of society and government.

This is one unintended way of teaching our children about proper use of resources, so it is a good thing. Human growing pains indeed.

As I read yesterday in an article, Americans spend tomorrow's money today, Chinese spend today's money, tomorrow.......and as the sign in a English pub says, 'free beer tomorrow'...

(nobody has been able to collect on it....lol)

#41     Sep 8, 2009
  2. jjf

jjf

Don't you mean yesterday

#42     Sep 8, 2009
  3. jjf

jjf

I was referring to your sense of reality, not your age.
    You exhibit a Peter Pan like sense of how you would wish the world to be.

#43     Sep 8, 2009
  4. jjf

jjf

Perhaps Americans are still "survivalists" but in a wanting emotional state.

I want I want I want

#44     Sep 8, 2009
  5. You mean a preference for being "fiscally responsible"? No "government up your ass so far you can taste the Brylcreem in the back of your throat"?

I plead guilty.

#45     Sep 8, 2009
  6. jjf

jjf

good luck with that

#46     Sep 8, 2009
  7. We'll get rid of them... but not in time before bankrupting nearly every American beforehand.

#47     Sep 8, 2009
  8. some truth here. once you are rich and not earning anymore you dont have to pay anything for taxes.

#48     Sep 8, 2009
  9. jjf

jjf

but they breed like flies

#49     Sep 8, 2009
  10. There has to be a total Armageddon like collapse of the system for the average idiot to change her ways.

Yes, I use only HER, because based on observing my immediate friends and family, it's primarily the women in these households who keep the rest of the home addicted to Chinese made garbage and shopping with credit cards with usurious interest rates. Most of these guys have given up and do what their women want.

The guys who put their feet down end up divorced and paying alimony and child support for kids they don't have visitation rights to.

They read the silly womens magazines and think they're all martha stewart. They watch oprah and think all their men should be as wealthy and famous as oprahs guests.

If you have little girls, bring them up the right way. They're not little princess and will most likely NOT grow up to marry a prince. The brainwashing of American women begins at a very early stage.

#50     Sep 8, 2009