The American Dream Built on Debt, Living in Beverly Hills

Discussion in 'Economics' started by wildfirepow, Sep 8, 2009.

1. jjf

jjf

You mean "the upper middle class" pay the bills.

The rich hardly pay for anything, that is why they are rich.

The day you decide to become rich is the day you decide to opt out of paying your share

#21     Sep 8, 2009
  2. These cycles come and go, everyone should have taken advantage of cheap credit because it won't be back for at least 10 years.

#22     Sep 8, 2009
  3. ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE!!! The rich are paying waaaayyyyy more than their share.

I suppose a few "clever" rich get away with something... but the major of them are the ones paying ALL the bills.

The rich are not so because they "opt out of paying their share".. they are rich IN SPITE OF BEING HOSED THE MOST.

#23     Sep 8, 2009
  4. Here here, a toast!

#24     Sep 8, 2009
  5. I dont understand people that like to buy stuff they dont need with money they dont have to impress people they dont like.

My last car cost 17k (used) I paid 8k down and got a loan for 5 years for $200 per month payments. I hated the debt so much I paid it off as fast as i could which took less than 2.5 years.

Having debt frustrates me and I dont know how people live having a 30k or 50k or whatever amount of debt above their heads.

#25     Sep 8, 2009
  6. Life is about living, live large. Take big risks. Learn from your mistakes. I say be happy, why live like a miser.

#26     Sep 8, 2009
  7. jjf

jjf

you must be young.

#27     Sep 8, 2009
  8. Were all going to die, you may die today, I may die tomorrow. I have seen to many people in my life die suddenly. If you knew you were going to die next week would you continue to live like a miser?

#28     Sep 8, 2009
  9. jem

jem

I was wondering about that as well.

#29     Sep 8, 2009
  10. No, I'm not. But I started poor, wanted to make something of myself financially... and have paid $MILLIONS in taxes. (At one time in my business life, I was a stock broker, cars salesman and life insurance salesman... all at the same time. How despicable was THAT? At least I wasn't a politician! I think of all of those endeavors as NASTY work... but I was part of a group who tried to bring better-priced financial services of all types to our customers.)

I know many people most would think of as "rich"... not super rich like criminal Wall-streeters or government thieves... just well-paid, professional types. And they/we pay TONS in taxes while receiving little in government benefits.

#30     Sep 8, 2009