The "Always In" Debate

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by golablue, Mar 24, 2006.

1. This post is intended for DAYTRADERS only.

Do you employ an, "Always In" strategy. That is to say, you are never out of the market, and your exits are merely reversals.

I've been toying with the idea of doing so, and am looking to hear about the philosphy behind this strategy from other traders who employ it.

I am NOT looking ot hear from traders who occasionally reverse their positions, only traders who are always in the market.

Thanks.

2. No way. that would imply always being right and being able to pick tops and bottoms. Try it and see how it works for you and let us know.

Good luck.

3. Always in............ okay.....
    What exactly do you want to learn about it? Seems like a pointless post, are you looking to debate if being always in is worth it?

If so, again seems pointless.....

4. Cheese

Cheese

Well, day trading is about the obvious (eg YM). It is about gyrations. Price goes up and down. If you just follow the live price it tracks in upmoves and in downmoves (say 5min time frame, big enough range bar or big enough volume bar charts). You don't even have to draw in lines to see the price channel up or channel down. Today (Fri) was a W: downmove, upmove, downmove, upmove. So yes, play the day.

While I have a predictive model, you will be assisted to add your own researched, tested and tuned indicators to give you related perceptions of price besides price observation itself.
    :)