The all-in-One trading terminal for Stocks, possible Bloomberg Terminal alternative

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by BoyPlunger323, Sep 9, 2019.

1. AndyM

AndyM

I talked to their support the other day. They will be releasing an API this month for people to access their pattern recognition algorithm and fundamental data. This company is about a year old and they are heading in the exact right direction I think. Would be a great alternative for bloomberg very soon.

You can use the live chat feature on their website and talk to a support engineer if you have more questions. They normally respond very quickly.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    #51     Sep 11, 2019
    helpme_please likes this.
  2. Sounds like you came up with that garbage. Care to explain where the value is in past MA action or historical filings? There are dozens of free sources if anyone needs past filings.

#52     Sep 12, 2019
    BoyPlunger323 likes this.
  3. Thomson Reuters is a listed company. Bloomberg is entirely private. There is zero pressure anyone can put on Bloomberg. I see zero reason why Michael Bloomberg should cash out. He has more cash than he will ever need in his life time. And then consider this: what is better, a one time cash payment to fund his philanthropic efforts which then has to be reinvested to generate returns for the decades to come or a highly successful business that is the world's top player and generates incredible returns that exactly suit the needs of anyone who wants to continue to invest in people with less opportunities? I am sure exchanges are drooling all over Bloomberg, so are data companies but the owner of the firm does not have any motivation to sell out. If I am wrong on this one then I shall eat shit. I don't think I will.

#53     Sep 12, 2019
  4. AndyM

AndyM

This Bloomberg fanboy has spoken again lmao. And no I won't explain it to you if you don't even know how past MA deals can help lolol. Past filings ? Try to find financial statements of companies in south east asia from free sources and see how that turns out for you.

We are here to discuss good and affordable software that can be used as an alternative for Bloomberg. Of course it will not be as good immediately but bloomberg had years to perfect their software so there is nothing wrong with that. If you don't have anything to contribute except for going around and trashing other softwares, you are not helping at all. Maybe shut your mouth?

#54     Sep 12, 2019
  5. So again, what are past financial statements used for? Certainly not for trading.

But in the spirit of not just bickering (although most stuff on this website makes me cry) I stated many times and lauded Xenith, Eikon's small brother. Goes for slighy more than your ruby BS but offers a heck lot more.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    #55     Sep 12, 2019
  6. if it works for you, then they aren't bad at all. i come from a day trading background where the platform needs to be quick and work and have some basic necessary features for fast trading. mosaic / tws fails on all counts for that.

#56     Sep 19, 2019
  7. dealmaker

dealmaker