The all-in-One trading terminal for Stocks, possible Bloomberg Terminal alternative

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by BoyPlunger323, Sep 9, 2019.

1. tonyf

tonyf

Unlike Bloom, Refinitiv is negotiable. I have stopped using them now but used to pay less than $1.5k

#31     Sep 9, 2019
  2. ZBZB

ZBZB

How much less?

#32     Sep 9, 2019
  3. lindq

lindq

Your biggest hurdle - and it's likely to be a killer - is that the average retail stock trader is very tight-fisted and most attracted to free or very low cost platforms and data sources.

You'd need to develop something spectacularly different that offers a real edge.

#33     Sep 9, 2019
    apdxyk and zdreg like this.
  4. tonyf

tonyf

£700

#34     Sep 9, 2019
  5. Total nonsense,

Their help desk is absolutely fantastic, even the most experienced power users use it every single day. Reuters in contrast is a friggin horror show in that regards. Bloomberg employs hundreds of news editors and journalists around the world (I know Reuters does too) , their news service imho is the best and has taken over reuters a while ago (though there are niches where third party vendors shine, such as deal news and intelligence). Bbg news covers specific asset classes much better than reuters imho. Charts in Eikon are better but that is about it. Analytics and pricing is thousand times better than Eikon, their messenger beats everyone else. Not just the reach but also in terms of features. Trade execution and order management that can be fully integrated with the terminal license is way better than anything Reuters offers. Their APIs are WORLDS better. I speak from experience, I have a license and I know someone close to me who manages an entire region in a specific product and hence I get a pretty well rounded view of all the features other than just being a user.

#35     Sep 9, 2019
  6. Because a Bloomberg adds power features for professionals such as auto quoting, channels (telegram does but whatsapp does not), auto quoting, and simply the fact that pretty much every professional uses bbg messenger.

#36     Sep 9, 2019
  7. tonyf

tonyf

Another one suffering from a small dick syndrome....

#37     Sep 9, 2019
    clockwork71 and AndyM like this.
  8. Bloomberg developers are pretty much among the top developers world wide.the stuff they are working on in financial space is mind blowing and they just get it right, something that is required for shops that manage billions of dollars and have a fiduciary duty to fulfill. The license costs are a drop in the bucket for larger shops.

#38     Sep 9, 2019
    fan27 likes this.
  9. True with caveats. Reuters is famous for tricking its clients. They lock them in with cheap contracts and once they integrate connectivity to company's databases and internal infrastructure they yank up prices that often work out to be higher than the products bbg offers.

#39     Sep 9, 2019
  10. You made some very strong arguments to back up your assertions. Perhaps you want to come back and argue logically?

#40     Sep 9, 2019