The all-in-One trading terminal for Stocks, possible Bloomberg Terminal alternative

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by BoyPlunger323, Sep 9, 2019.

1. tonyf

tonyf

Are they that bad! They work OK for me (I am not a chartist though). Where do they disappoint (besides charts)?

#21     Sep 9, 2019
  2. I still don't get it. Why not WhatsApp or Telegram? Why pay $10 or $20 a month per user when there are free options around?

#22     Sep 9, 2019
  3. tonyf

tonyf

Here we go... so they have all transitioned then.

#23     Sep 9, 2019
  4. tonyf

tonyf

Regulated firms require oversight for compliance purposes....Whatsapp is the opposite of that.

#24     Sep 9, 2019
    helpme_please likes this.
  5. ZBZB

ZBZB

The messages need to be archived for compliance reasons and encrypted. Symphony also has market data.

#25     Sep 9, 2019
    helpme_please likes this.
  6. tonyf

tonyf

No value add in Koyfin whatsoever it seems - replicating what others do already:
    charting/potfolios: marketwatch
    SEC/Edgar: bamsec
    Maybe financial analytics but I think Yahoo Finance sources from Capital I/Q as well

So it's all down to real-time: Google finance (Refinitiv) anyone?

#26     Sep 9, 2019
  7. ZBZB

ZBZB

How much do you pay for EIKON? I got quoted $1500 to get the move index on a premium terminal but they would not tell me how how much EIKON core costs.

#27     Sep 9, 2019
  8. Metastock Xenith is a cheaper alternative to Bloomberg and Eiken. The richer retail investors can consider this option. From Reuters too.

#28     Sep 9, 2019
  9. fan27

fan27

I could not agree more. To the OP, you have no clue what is involved in building a commercial software product of this magnitude and your "MIT engineers" don't really exist or they are as clueless as you.

#29     Sep 9, 2019
    GRULSTMRNN likes this.
  10. ZBZB

ZBZB

I tried to sign up for a EIKON messenger account but you need a corporate email address.

#30     Sep 9, 2019