The all-in-One trading terminal for Stocks, possible Bloomberg Terminal alternative

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by BoyPlunger323, Sep 9, 2019.

1. As a retail investor, I am confused by the so-called monopoly power of Bloomberg messaging. At the risk of sounding stupid and ignorant, why can't Bloomberg users paying huge fees switch to free WhatsApp or Telegram for messaging?

By the way, how much does a Bloomberg terminal cost per month? I'm so low in Bloomberg's eyes that they will never answer my enquiry about price.

#11     Sep 9, 2019

2. I'm sorry, but TWS mosaic and classic are two of the worst platforms I've ever used. If you are listening, build a good platform and I promise you more business.

#12     Sep 9, 2019
  3. ZBZB

ZBZB

#13     Sep 9, 2019
  4. ZBZB

ZBZB

Take a look at www.koyfin.com it is free at the moment.

#14     Sep 9, 2019
    tonyf likes this.
  5. tonyf

tonyf

Will do but what does it link to IB for execution?

#15     Sep 9, 2019
  6. ZBZB

ZBZB

A lot of markets, like OTC energy, used yahoo messenger but it was shut down. Www.symphony.com competes with Bloomberg messenger for $20 a month per user. A Bloomberg terminal is $2500 a month on a two year contract. Bloomberg Messenger is $10 a month per user.

#16     Sep 9, 2019
  7. ZBZB

ZBZB

No, just analytics inspired by Bloomberg.

#17     Sep 9, 2019
  8. tonyf

tonyf

that is very true, but I was under the feeling that the oil and gas (and shipping) guys have transitioned to Eikon... Eikon provides a free yahoo messenger plugin as well, to steal this client base I guess. And it free!

#18     Sep 9, 2019
  9. tonyf

tonyf

Looking at it now, not overwhelmed really. OP has much higher ambitions it seems.

#19     Sep 9, 2019
  10. ZBZB

ZBZB

Yahoo messenger was shut down on 17th July 2018.

#20     Sep 9, 2019