The Al Smith speeches last night

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Tsing Tao, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Hey folks - I've been away for a week up in the Blue Ridge mountains. Went out and bought some property up there to develop, and to do some shooting. Anyway, good to be back.

Did you guys see the remarks given by Romney and Obama at the Al Smith speech last night in NYC? It was aired on all the news stations. Romney was hilarious. Obama had some funny points, but Romney stole the show. Also note the welcome Romney got vs. that of the President.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  2. JamesL

O's best line was not being able to use his middle name like Romney does.
  3. No one even noticed you were away , but welcome back.
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I also liked the unemployment report "I don't have a joked there..."
  5. Are you new here?
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I didn't imply that I was missed at all. Just said that I had been away and that it had felt good to be back.

But it is not surprising to see that you're still hanging around spewing snide commentary.
  7. Some pretty good jokes froom Romney.

Obama offers advice to Pope Benedict. Obama tells the Pope if anything goes wrong just blame it on Pope John.
  8. LEAPup

I caught the one about the President needing to "bring Biden here, because he'll laugh at anything.

Romney was funny. Even Obummer made a good one about his first debate.

Tsing, did you buy in Virginia? Love those moutains. What a view!
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

North Carolina, right at the border of Tennessee. The property backs up against the Cherokee National Forest - 4100 feet.
  10. LEAPup

I bet that's nice! Congrats!
    #10     Oct 19, 2012