The ‘greatest’ economy slows down - China’s growth less impressive.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by stockblogger, Oct 20, 2008.

Will China grow after the crisis?

1. No

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. Yes

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
  3. I don't mind.

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Don't you mean China?!

#11     Oct 20, 2008
  2. You know Gnome, in such a slowdown, it does hurt worse to be china with all these investments in factories, etc... that pollute the environment and will barely turn a profit.

And god forbid if nanotech takes hold - all those fabricants are toast.

Was reading Fareed Zakaria's "Rise of the Rest" recently - another globalist prop but does discuss nanotech and biotech prominently. Very interesting. Is this the next big thing?

#12     Oct 20, 2008
  3. according to kashirin, iran will become the main super power in the ME by 2010, (s)he's just another iranian lunatic

#13     Oct 20, 2008
  4. Asia is about to find out that all those exports to each other were simply part of one big supply chain leading to the US.

#14     Oct 20, 2008
  5. achilles28

achilles28

China's growth is over-stated.

Inflation there has been, and continues to be, very high.

Real growth rates are somewhere around 5%.

Still, very impressive.

#15     Oct 20, 2008
  6. You're quite right about inflation. The whole BRIC has high inflation. But didn't USA start with high inflation? :) That's everybody's problem.

#16     Oct 21, 2008
  7. BTW, what do you mean by "real growth rates"? The real growth is GDP and GNP growth. Maybe there is some secret number you have out there. I hope you will share it with EliteTrader community...

#17     Oct 21, 2008
  8. In 1977-1978 China was a communist country... what growth are you talking about?
    I am interested in your source of information.

#18     Oct 21, 2008
  9. China IS overrated.

Inflation is high , local banks are stuffed with bad debts and their export produce is low grade stuff, whose demand is easily reduced during global downturns.

On top of that a large portion of their reserves are kept in US$ assets - bad move , when the $ tanks so will their reserves.

The communists took the US bankers BS hook line and sinker. I mean the CEO of BOC proudly told the world he was Paulson's mentee !

Imagine that proud to learn from the guy responsible for the biggest bailout in US history.

Commie losers.

#19     Oct 21, 2008
  10. Dr. Doom was on Squawk on the Street this morning. He said China's growth was more like 5 per cent. He said China had learned from the United States how to cook economic data.

#20     Oct 21, 2008