The Actual Grail

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Buy1Sell2, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

:) :)

#31     Aug 10, 2006
  2. humble1

humble1

Why don't you prove what you have stated? There are a number of ways you could do that in order to be credible. No offense, but I find it hard to believe you unless you do. Post the trades real time and then post the charts showing the setups at the end of the day. Otherwise what is the point of the statement in the first place?

#32     Aug 10, 2006
  3. toc

toc

Good point humble, real time real show is the way to prove something.

Btwm B1S2, how many points do you make a month using this strategy, what is the win-loss ratio, given you might be using tight stops.

#33     Aug 10, 2006
  4. romik

romik

Guys, u really have to RTFM. Go to "ES Journal" and read through 500+ pages. Nothing is 100%, you can not criticise on these basis, the pattern that B1S2 refers to is extremely reliable though.

N.B. B1, u really have to start Paypaling me for covering your back :D

#34     Aug 10, 2006
  5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

You certainly have covered me quite a bit!

#35     Aug 10, 2006
  6. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

The win loss ratio is much better the longer the time frame. On frames less than an hour, it has been 50 50 . This is somewhat due to the fact that I have been position trading my whole career and only recently attempted some day trading. In general, I would say that the signal works 70 to 80 percent of the time. I don't know how to answer the points per month. It varies. My yearly return on portfolio fluctuates between 50 and 80 percent. One year it was 145%.

#36     Aug 10, 2006
  7. colion

colion

RSI is a good ole boy. However, imo, no indicator should be used by itself but rather with other indicators in a "consensus" fashion, resulting in improved performance.

#37     Aug 10, 2006
  8. I won't deny it. I haven't tested it.

#38     Aug 10, 2006
  9. toc

toc

Ok, what is your RSI signal, can you explain in detail in writing. I could not really make out from the charts that were posted. 50% a year is good batting rate no doubt.

#39     Aug 11, 2006
  10. bsmeter

bsmeter

If it's working for you I suggest you keep quiet about it.

Some systems work better if you make them public because you need the herd behind you. However most systems erode when you make them public.

#40     Aug 11, 2006