The Actual Grail

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Buy1Sell2, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Anna K.

Anna K.

right, but your divergence now is on weekly :D
    so if you are trading of weekly divergences, you have to look at the weekly trend, which is up.

What confuses me actually is slightly different point. B1S1 said that he is planning to trade the break out system now.. does that mean he abandoned The holy grail as invalid? :confused:

#221     Oct 29, 2009
  2. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

1. OP doesn't say that grail has to be in direction of a trend on that time frame (or did he mention it in a later post?);

2. Isn't grail also considered to be a countertrend signal?

#222     Oct 29, 2009
  3. #223     Oct 29, 2009
  4. Anna K.

Anna K.

OP does say that you should only trade in the direction of the trend, so it's a trend following system... at least in my understanding...

#224     Oct 29, 2009
  5. GiantDog

GiantDog

The RSI is the Holy Grail? I can't believe it! It's been found after all these years! By George, you've done it!

#225     Oct 29, 2009
  6. +1

#226     Oct 29, 2009
  7. I thought you mentioned that you sell premium in an earlier post. Do you sell naked options with a stop based on the grail trades or not?

I was thinking about trying that with real money based on grail setups.

Also, if you do sell options, how far off do you have them set for expiration?

#227     Oct 29, 2009
  8. dc101

dc101

@Buy1Sell2

Thanks for sharing. Would you mind posting some charts where this method didn't work? I always want to see the negative before I see the positive.

Thanks in advance.

#228     Oct 30, 2009
  9. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Yes --mental stop of course on options--I think one needs good directional analysis for selling naked premium and so better off to trade with the trend. I usually don't like options with more than 2 months til expiry.

#229     Aug 4, 2011
  10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Stop needs to be less than 2% of TLNW and positioned outside of the noise.:)

#230     Jan 14, 2012