The ACD Method

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by sbrowne126, Jul 16, 2009.

1. jsmooth

jsmooth

that second setup in the PDF is a Gap up/down play....

#501     Sep 13, 2011

2. Yup, Im down from noon till about seven or so. Best time for a trader to sleep and I have my activities set up around the markets:D

#502     Sep 13, 2011
  3. EurSek did not confirm.

EurCad looking good right now. What I am using ACD for is to make sure macro price action is good when I take a trade. Im going to look at the first day of the month and plot values off of that. Based on that, and my interpretation of values, anything below 3896 is a good short after a price action setup. Yesterday the bulls tried push the plummeting Euro back, they will have failed as of midnight tonight.

#503     Sep 13, 2011
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Not sure I see anything with EUR/CAD. Not yet at least.

#504     Sep 14, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

In case anyone is interested, Gold and Silver bounced off their monthly A downs.

#505     Sep 16, 2011
  6. Shanb

Shanb

Hey there everyone! Been putting in some work to implement some
    ACD into my approach. Here are some trades that I put in on the
    SPY in the past two days.

On Thursday I used the OR after the 730 numbers were released as
    it seemed logical. Today I used the OR after the Michigan Sentiment number was released. Was long biased as the market opened above the pivot range for both days.

I've attached some Screenshots, would appreciate some feedback and
    will detail more if needed. Thanks!

The grey box is the pivot range. The white lines are the OR and the dashed are the A levels.

#506     Sep 16, 2011
  7. Shanb

Shanb

I definitely favor a intraday swing approach, just didnt have an methodology to collect my thoughts and create a bias. I've been scalping momentum intraday(unsuccessfully). I am feeling that
    I like going this route much more. Just like any other trader out there...looking to find something that fits me!

#507     Sep 16, 2011
  8. Currency traders......

Focus on good A thru the pivot. It will help you. 30 percent on my account this week.

#508     Sep 16, 2011
    zghorner likes this.
  9. Noted.

#509     Sep 16, 2011
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Nice work Shan. You are catching on to ACD pretty fast. Yesterday was a perfect failed A down intraday on the ES. I use very different levels then you and we both came to the same conclusion. That is how price action works. Good job.

#510     Sep 17, 2011