The ACD Method

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by sbrowne126, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Thanks. Some just happens to be luckier than others - what can I say? I will not consider 3 years of trading screen time - as quickly_ but compared to 8 years it does seems to be QUICKLY.

#461     Sep 10, 2011
  2. AMEEN Joman.

Hope fully my wife does not read this as we have debates about this all the time.(lol)

#462     Sep 10, 2011
  3. Thanks Maverick74.

I watched these videos 2 weeks ago when i found the link you had posted a while back.

Posting of these seminars and MF doing them in the first place is a perfect example of how sharing and giving can help some one like me tremendously.

I been searching for these for some time . Every time , i will Google it, i will get to some links at Elite Trader old posting from some members talking negatively about ACD and MF. I will just turn it off and start looking again.

Now as far as utility of these seminars - all i can say they are worth in 24K GOLD.

Thanks again maverick 74.

#463     Sep 10, 2011
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

This appears to be an honest to god trading thread.

You don't see that every day.

#464     Sep 10, 2011
    zghorner likes this.
  5. Nope, you don't. It's enuf to make you bury the hatchet:)

#465     Sep 10, 2011
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

So there was a hatchet? :(

#466     Sep 11, 2011
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Monthly A down on the spot EUR/USD for me is 140.89. Currently 135.64. Nice short on the confirmed monthly A down. Of course the US Dollar index broke out last week and confirmed a monthly A up at 75.49. Taking out the high of the QTR as well. Seems the Euro bears are going to press their bets this week on the downside.

#467     Sep 11, 2011
  8. I just started looking into Monthly and weekly A down, A up. What method do you use to calculate A and C values , for example for CL, EUR/USD?

At the present, I just day trade and use A value of 8 ticks and C value of 13 ticks for CL.

A value of 10 and C value of 12.5 for eur/usd. These values are provided by MF service. They currently do not provide A and C values for weekly or monthly time frame.

#468     Sep 11, 2011
  9. Shanb

Shanb

I'm on the 5th video in the NYSE seminar video series...all I can say is good stuff!

I looked into ACD in the past and as any other newb would do, I tossed it away after glancing over a couple charts and trying to apply it. Now a year+ later, things actually make sense. The methodology helps to clearly classify price and time. If anything the way Fisher uses Macro and Micro ACD help to keep a running tally on a market.

Obviously one has to have had some screentime to know what to look for, and after getting much more screen time in the past 6 months I see the value in it. Going forward I will definitely be working on applying these principles...I know it will take some time but it will definitely be a good investment.

John you've packed alot of info into this thread I have alot of reading to do! LOL

#469     Sep 11, 2011
  10. Purely figurative, Mav., purely figurative.:D

#470     Sep 11, 2011