The ACD Method

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by sbrowne126, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Samsara

Samsara

I'd be curious also. I have no idea how he trades or what his levels would look like. I know he's got a few people optimizing the ATR stuff by backtesting. For how I'm trying to approach it, the A and C levels are pretty arbitrary. It's the OR that I am trying to be really careful about -- particularly for weekly and monthly data.

#421     Sep 8, 2011
  2. My reading skills are impeccable Samsara. You keep trying to nail down something QUANTITATIVE in a QUALITATIVE environment! One more time, the A values DO NOT MATTER. It is the PRICE ACTION that leads to the breach of YOUR A values. So you keep saying that you have an issue with the idea that the method can applied any way you want and you will be successful. I fail to grasp the difficulty in this concept. This is a METHOD and not a SYSTEM. Apply the method to your system. THERE IS NO WRONG WAY TO DO THIS.

#422     Sep 8, 2011
    zghorner likes this.
  3. Try this. For weekly values, your OR is the first day of the week. For monthly the OR is the first week of the month. This ain't hard Sam:D
    You are overthinking this.

#423     Sep 8, 2011
  4. Samsara

Samsara

All right, I tried. Just answer me one question:

If there is no wrong way to do this, is it logical to use the first 3 minutes of 9/1/2011 for my monthly opening range? Why or why not?

I'll let you respond in any way you see fit, but I honestly don't want to derail this thread any further, so this will be all from me. Looking forward to moving on from here.

Thanks.

#424     Sep 8, 2011
  5. It's hard to express how happy I am to find fellow traders who use Mark Fisher ACD system as part of their trading. I been looking for 9 months or so to connect with traders who use ACD system and finally landed here.

I been trading full time for 3 years. First 2 years stocks and E-mini. Basically, went through all the learning steps, each new trader goes through. After loosing money for 2 years and spending 12k on different coaches and training material, I was at the end of the rope.

I happen to notice Mark Fisher on CNBC 9 months ago. The moment, i saw he was youngest silver pit trader at one time , MBA from Wharton with distinction on TV screen, i was hooked.

Got his book next day, tested for 3 months and have not looked back.

I day trade Crude Oil futures full time. To me, Mark fisher is a genius. There is a reason his firm clears 1/3 rd of daily crude volume and Paul Tudor Jones calls him the best pit trader ever.

I always remember the story MF shares of 2 new traders he hired some time back. One was Harvard Law Graduate , 3rd in his class. The other one - selling door to door( something which I do not remember).

Harvard law graduate could not make it as he thought he knew what to do. The other guy said, he does not know a thing and will do exactly what MF tells him to do. Even while working at MF firm with all the training at the feet of the master, he has to bust his ass for 3 years to get his feet grounded and become a very successful trader.

Glad to be here, and look forward to share and learn. GOD bless who ever started this thread.

#425     Sep 8, 2011
    zghorner likes this.

6. This is probably one of the best explanation of ACD system I have read in a while. Thanks Maverick.

#426     Sep 8, 2011
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/m_wFEB4Oxlo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Come on board. We've been expecting you.

#427     Sep 8, 2011
  8. Hi all,

mfbreakout joined the CL thread couple weeks ago. I had been making decent progress daytrading CL which i started about a year ago(before that i was swing trading equities). anyways, it was strange but he was making similar trades as me often times with only a few cent difference in entry/exit. He told me about the ACD method and so I read Mark Fisher's book last week and backtested a small sample over the wknd. I modified the method a little to fit my style and took the method live this week. This method has improved my trading significantly and given me confidence in each trade. I thought I had this daytrading thing down pretty good but the ACD method has brought it up to a whole new level. The funny thing is that it's so simple not rocket science. If you would like to join me and mfbreakout ,come over to the CL thread. it's been a great learning experience sharing ideas throughout the day and making decent amount of ticks.

i do have one question for those with experience using this ACD method. have you tried making a blackbox or graybox so you can trade multiple number of stock symbols or futures? i'm daytrading CL only right now but would like to expand/branch out in the future once i get a decent track record. if you could share your experience and know a good programmer i'd appreciate your feedback. TIA.

#428     Sep 8, 2011
  9. LOL. Thanks Maverick.

#429     Sep 8, 2011
  10. Actually, it is. Why? You are still following the process. Follow the process. Take your three minutes and follow the rules. If you get a good A up, price is clear of the most recent daily,weekly and monthly pivot ranges that you have then take the trade. A trend starts and ends with a single price point. If it gets thru the ACD filters, then price action is in your favor. Take your trade.

#430     Sep 9, 2011