The ACD Method

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by sbrowne126, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Excellent stuff Maverick. TY for the tip.

And yeah, I think I kinda fit that profile, I did the scan thing a bunch of different ways, and got similar results :)

#371     Sep 4, 2011
  2. pwrtrdr

pwrtrdr

Although with futures a historically low ATR produces little results for me not sure about ACD?

#372     Sep 4, 2011
  3. this makes sense also. thanks

#373     Sep 4, 2011
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

If you are a not a price action trader, the comments about volatility are not particularly applicable.

Let me put this another way. Volatility produces noise. The more noise, the harder to read price action.

#374     Sep 4, 2011
  5. I knew you traded, but I can see you are a competent technician, which translates to you knowing what you are doing. I know ur in my neck of the woods, so next time I am in Chicagoland I will take you up on that brewski. You follow the White Sox tho, and thats an issue, but otherwise you seem like a pretty cool guy:D

#375     Sep 4, 2011
  6. My first trade post ACD is to take a good A down and sell Aussies and buy Yen. So far so good. I was so confident of this trade that I took the weekend spread to get in at Oanda.

#376     Sep 4, 2011
  7. pwrtrdr

pwrtrdr

Day trading requires some decent volatility imo.

Swing and trend trading I understand what you are saying......although risks change dramatically comparing over night positions vs. intraday.

I read the book, some good ideas well presented

#377     Sep 5, 2011
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Brewski sounds good. Just give me some advance notice to make sure I don't have a stormfront meeting that night. :)

#378     Sep 6, 2011
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

BTW, my monthly A down on the AUD/JPY is 80.58. It traded down to 80.45 and bounced. Successful test of that level.

#379     Sep 6, 2011
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Let me clarify my comments on volatility a little more. I'm not talking about absolute volatility i.e CL is more volatile then DX. I'm talking about relative volatility. For example, AAPL has a 30 day ATR say of 7.00 and now has an ATR of 12.00. I'm saying when volatility exploded likes that, usually the move is either over or in the process of being over. I'm not saying to look for products that don't move. The tells are spotted by looking at "relative volatility" not "absolute volatility". Hope this clears that up.

#380     Sep 6, 2011