The ACD Method

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by sbrowne126, Jul 16, 2009.

1. at any give time there is a place for price to go up and down. We can find these spots anytime. a number of factors can guide price to a predetermined place. Like news.

sure the news will dictate direction. but studies can dictate where we have a strong support and resistance... even if price has never been in that level.

Also based on peoples tendencies not only can we spot where they will resist price, we can equally see when they will.

I still don't understand it and yes at times it feels like i am predicting news. Maybe I am ? maybe price does what it is to do and we actually follow ? our buying and selling is dependent on the chart. so in essence it is possible that we all follow a given set of rules ?

#311     Aug 11, 2011
  2. Quon

Quon

Wow, you really had to white knuckle playing any weekly signals this week, but ACD delivers again! My favorites in the auto space all lived up to their weeklies set Monday/Tuesday. That Fed statement was visual chaos, but I had the fortune of of remembering something Maverick posted once upon a time ago about slapping an OR around a Fed statement, or bond auction, etc.

Thanks Mav, that intra-day bounce off the OR created by the Fed Tuesday really made my week!:D

Hope everyone's ready for the pain next week, (unless I missed something and the whole world suddenly got better/fixed).

#312     Aug 12, 2011
  3. nitro

nitro

Do you know what the yahoo symbol for that is?

#313     Aug 12, 2011
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

I don't know about pain next week, but the weekly ACD signals will be your tell. Don't try to go into the week with a pre-set idea of what you "think" will happen or worse, what you "want" to happen.

Here is another way for you to use ACD. Since this is a price action based system, paying attention every day to the A confirmations is huge. This is where Fisher created the 30 day number line concept.

So what I've noticed this week is the market, despite all the volatility we have had this week, has not been able to make A downs. This is very important. Weak markets should be able to confirm intra-day A downs just as strong markets should be able to confirm A ups. So even though the price action this week was crazy with huge price drops, we never actually traded through the A levels. This tells me the market is beginning to stabilize. Now all that could change next week, and again, the tell is going to be the A levels. Both the weekly and the intra-day levels.

#314     Aug 12, 2011
  5. I don't know what it is, if there is one.

#315     Aug 12, 2011
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

Hi Maverick,

What formula are you using for A and ? Unless of course it is proprietary.

Thanks

#316     Aug 12, 2011
  7. Quon

Quon

Maverick,

Thanks as always for your insight. I was getting caught up in the monthly levels and having seen an A down thought maybe last week was something of a head-fake before more monthly pain. Truly appreciate the wisdom you share with us here!

#317     Aug 16, 2011
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Today was another good example. A lot of movement up and down but all we did was fail at the intra-day A up and the A down. Basically another range bound day. There really is nothing to do right now in the ES. We are in the middle of the weekly ranges. I have the weekly A up at 1216 which one could use to get short on the monthly A down. The weekly A down is 1166. So I would wait for one of those two levels to do anything. Right now the market will just chop you up. Bonds and Gold are far better trades then the ES right now. Gold has already confirmed on the weekly A up.

A big part of trading is focusing your time and attention on the right markets. Don't trade the chop! This is one of the biggest assets of ACD is keeping you out of a bad market.

#318     Aug 16, 2011
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Another failed A down today in the ES at 1184. The chop continues.

Bonds rallied 2 full handles off the failed A down intraday.

#319     Aug 17, 2011
  10. Great thread- I'm now looking forward to buying the book.

#320     Aug 17, 2011